2015 Ford Taurus drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Taurus:

2015 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jun 302016

Taurus

While I was merging into traffic onto an interstate, during rush hour, the car quit accelerating. Suddenly, there was no ability to control engine speed. As I glanced at the dash I noticed the wrench warning light and it said see manual. I was almost side swiped by another vehicle but was able avoid the car and was able to coast to a stop on the side of the interstate. When I pressed the button, the car shut off and when I depressed it again, the car started. I was able to merge into traffic and head home. One the way home, on the interstate, the same vehicle malfunction occurred again. There was a car behind me but I quickly turned my flashers on and was able to coast to the side of he interstate. I took the car to the dealership to have it looked at and at this time they have not been able to isolate the problem. Hard to trust the safety & reliability of the vehicle when the authorized service professionals can't find the problem. Additionally, they said the computer did not store all of the codes and all they had was a PCM communication error code. This is a serious safety issue, particularly if it requires frequent driving in heavily congested traffic, and if you are traveling at higher speeds on the interstate.

- Waxahachie, TX, USA

Jun 292016

Taurus

Driving on the highway at 70 mph experienced sudden loss of engine power- no limp home mode just loss of acceleration - coasted to the side of the road. After turning car off and back on was able to continue driving. Only error shown was see manual. Failed three more times before I could get off the road - known problem with throttle body - extremely dangerous situation as you can can have difficulty getting off the road crossing several lanes. This should be a major recall. If you are not able to get off the road in time you will most likely experience being rear ended on the highway. As I researched this this has been happening for years and is still not fixed - why is the nhstb not taking this more seriously.

- Saline, MI, USA

Mar 142016

Taurus

I purchased a 2015 Ford Taurus in July of 2015 brand new only 3 mile on the vehicle. I notice that after the first oil change and tire rotation I noticed something different about the front passenger side wheel. On the second maintenance visit I advise the intake person that the front passenger wheel sound like something was loss. After the service I was given the paperwork that stated every thing was fine. Well on 3/14/2016 while driving down the smoothly paved busy street the steering wheel began to shake followed by a loud thump and next thing you know the car had flipped across three lanes and landed up side down. I called Ford dealership I purchase the car from and was told by one of the salesmen after telling him what happen that, "that was a defect" and I need to get a lawyer. All I want is the someone from Ford motor the inspect the car. The crazy part is the axle, bracket, and suspension are covered under my power train warranty but because my car flipped I was told I had to file a claim with my insurance even though the the front axle, bracket and wheel broke off the car causing it to flip. The metal frame even broke, everything was still attacked to front passenger wheel that broke off and the car was just driving down the street no bumps or anything. Now if my so would have died and was severely injured I guess then Ford motor would issue a recall like they did for the 2013 & 2014 Ford Taurus with axle and bracket defects.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Sep 242014

Taurus 6-cyl

Upon shutting off engine by front passenger, car popped out of park, rolled backwards down a hill, crashing into a tree, pinning front passenger under door sill. No one in driver's seat.

- Sagle, ID, USA

Sep 242014

Taurus

Car was idling in park. Push button start/stop was pushed to shut off engine and at that instant, car was released from park, rolled backwards into tree, injuring right front passenger. No one in driver's seat.

- Sagle, ID, USA