2015 Ford Taurus steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Taurus:

2015 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Mar 142016

Taurus

I purchased a 2015 Ford Taurus in July of 2015 brand new only 3 mile on the vehicle. I notice that after the first oil change and tire rotation I noticed something different about the front passenger side wheel. On the second maintenance visit I advise the intake person that the front passenger wheel sound like something was loss. After the service I was given the paperwork that stated every thing was fine. Well on 3/14/2016 while driving down the smoothly paved busy street the steering wheel began to shake followed by a loud thump and next thing you know the car had flipped across three lanes and landed up side down. I called Ford dealership I purchase the car from and was told by one of the salesmen after telling him what happen that, "that was a defect" and I need to get a lawyer. All I want is the someone from Ford motor the inspect the car. The crazy part is the axle, bracket, and suspension are covered under my power train warranty but because my car flipped I was told I had to file a claim with my insurance even though the the front axle, bracket and wheel broke off the car causing it to flip. The metal frame even broke, everything was still attacked to front passenger wheel that broke off and the car was just driving down the street no bumps or anything. Now if my so would have died and was severely injured I guess then Ford motor would issue a recall like they did for the 2013 & 2014 Ford Taurus with axle and bracket defects.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jan 072016

Taurus

I was fully stopped and turning left at a stop light on a city street, the light was green, I waited for traffic to clear. During the middle of the left turn, I lost steering function: While I tried to turn left, the vehicle veered right. The right wheel struck the curb. The vehicle was then towed to a Ford dealership. The lower control arm and ball joint totally separated. The dealer claims this happened due to striking the curb, but this is not the case, it happened during the left turn.

- Auburn, IN, USA

Sep 242014

Taurus

Car was idling in park. Push button start/stop was pushed to shut off engine and at that instant, car was released from park, rolled backwards into tree, injuring right front passenger. No one in driver's seat.

- Sagle, ID, USA