8.0

2002 Ford Thunderbird electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Thunderbird:

2002 Ford Thunderbird Owner Comments

Oct 012011

Thunderbird Limited Edition V8

My 02 Thunderbird started having a problem in October, and it is reoccurring. Very quickly the heat gauge shows to be hot, dings twice, runs rough, then in a few seconds dies. I can then start it up (in a matter of seconds from it dying) and the gauge says normal and it drives fine. It is now at Ford where they hooked it up to their computer (cost $108.00) and say it is the thermostat sticking. I'm a woman, and not a very young one at that, but even I know water can't cool off that fast. Does anyone have an answer to my problem.

- , Irving, TX, USA