8.0

1. replace heater fan (2 reports)
  2. replaced door blend actuator (2 reports)
2000 Ford Windstar AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Windstar:

2000 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Aug 012014

Windstar LX 3.8L

blend door actuator failed. only blows cold air. does not defrost windows when they fog up, makes it difficult to see even with window open as a second option to help clear off windshield. live in new england and will have to replace car by november as will not be able to see out the window to drive. This is a definite recall item. too many c/o of failures. no wonder they discontinued making this vehicle.

- , Bristol, CT, USA

Oct 152013

Windstar LX 3.8L

Zero Heat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blows cold air, A/C works just fine.

- , Ashburn, VA, USA

Nov 232011

Windstar LX 3.8L

I purchased this vehicle knowing that it had minor issues which I knew I could resolve by doing the labor myself. My heater would not work the AC worked perfect and after reading the forums I determined it was the door blend actuator that needed to be replaced. I could hear a clicking noise from behind my radio . I purchased the part and replaced it and now my heater works perfect. It was a little difficult to get to but if you search on google for door blend actuator ford Windstar you will find a lot of info. It is a very common problem.

- , Miami, FL, USA

Oct 302009

Windstar LS 4.3L

I was told the heater fan was bad on a recall but the grarage told me it was not. They had to replace the fan in the back.

- , Meadville, PA, USA

May 152007

Windstar LX Sport 3.8 L

Well, after the transmission failed at 53,000 miles, now at 75,000 the heat has stopped working. I'm not spending any more money on this lemon!

- , West COlumbia, SC, USA