8.0

2002 Ford Windstar suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Feb 102016

Windstar 3.4L V6

I received a safety recall notice in February 2016 for rear axle reinforcement brackets that were installed during a previous safety recall. I took the van to the local Ford dealer where they informed me that the brackets were installed correctly, but the rear axle cracked anyway because the brackets that were "installed correctly" did not do their job. The local ford dealership did take pictures and sent the to the Ford company. Ford however claims that they are not responsible for the faulty axle but would fix it for $300. My complaint is that why should I have to pay $300 for a part that was they already knew was faulty. The rear axle reinforcement brackets were put there to keep the rear axle from breaking. Why is Ford not responsible when their parts didn't do their job!

- , Stoystown, MS, USA

Apr 182016

Windstar 3.8L

Rear axle broke with wife driving grand kids. 2 recalls for rear axle. Ford I'd talking a $300.00 copayment. Dropped it off today at dealer

- , Fern Dale, MI, USA

Apr 102015

Windstar LX V6

I purchased a 2002 Ford Windstar van then replaced all 4 tires about 3 weeks later I noticed tires on back were starting to wear on the inside A few days later I got a flat tire. Went had new tire put on a week later the other side went flat. Went back to same shop and they changed that flat. I was told I had a cracked axle in back.

- , Belgrade, ME, USA