$1,950.00

1. rebuild transmission (2 reports)
2002 Ford Windstar transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Windstar:

2002 Ford Windstar Owner Comments

Nov 152012

Windstar

Tranny started slipping a week or so before I finally took it in. The transmission shop told me these Windstars were known for going out between 90 and 100k, so I was due. Really? They are known for it? The relays are bad. Rebuilt tranny warrantied for 2 years... Lasted 18 months but the guy at the shop kept telling me what I was feeling was normal... Now I'm out of warranty and have major issues with the rebuilt transmission. It refuses to go into overdrive. Yeah.. I lost overdrive.

- , Cottonwood, CA, USA

Jun 282010

Windstar SE 3.8L V6

While on a Scouting trip, transmission failed. Entire transmission had to be rebuilt. Never had a problem with drive train and vehicle is maintained methodically. Mechanic stated part dislodged and penetrated casing causing transmission fluid to leak.

- , Mandeville, LA, USA