CarComplaints.com Notes: Ahh, the ole' sophomore slump. The 2008 Acadia suffers from widespread transmission failure around 75,000 miles.

2008 GMC Acadia body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 GMC Acadia:

2008 GMC Acadia Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 112012

Acadia

Anytime we get a heavy rain water makes it's way inside the roof of the vehicle. I've got water coming out of seat belt panels, overhead lights, and all over the place. Water/mold and electricity don't mix.

- Dacula, GA, USA

Jan 022012

Acadia 6-cyl

GMC is aware of the problem with the Acadia that the car leaks water from the roof, and I mean pours in. This water also enters the electrical system of the vehicle and affects the airbags. This is a huge safety concern for me. There is no telling what other safety features will be compromised with this water leak issue. Any help concerning this issue will be greatly appreciated.

- Athens, AL, USA

Oct 112011

Acadia

The vehicle was leased new in 2008 and had water leaking around sunroof. The leak was repaired however between 08-11 there were numerous documented issues with electrical problems on this car relating to the water leak. On October 11, 2011 I was driving to work in the vehicle and all the electrical components shut off- radio, directionals, gages, lights. The car remained running and within seconds the electrical was restored. It has continued to shut on and off intermittently since then. I brought the car to the dealer and was told they were unable to diagnose the problem and that I should bring it back if it happened again. On the way home it happened again. I brought it back on Oct. 12 and the same thing happened the whole drive to the dealer. They have since had the car and tell me they do not know what the problem is or how to fix it. I am being left to drive an unsafe vehicle and am told my only option is to trade it in.

- Farmington, CT, USA

Oct 102011

Acadia 6-cyl

Purchased a used 2008 GMC Acadia slt1. We have had it for six days. Within those six days we have had water rolling/rushing around our roof liner, water pouring out of both front airbags and under dash, water pouring out of the back dome lights, rear video sensor, and back seatbelts. Both front floor mats saturated with water as well as the carpet underneath. It is to be noted that all of the water pouring out has been witness while driving. This is clearly a driving distraction especially to a new car owner who is not expecting this at all. A driver is not supposed to have any driving distractions while driving. This car was designed with a lot of safety features however water leakage and pouring out of spaces has been greatly over looked. Last night while driving at night in the rain, I had water drip onto my hand from the driver's airbag which took me off guard as I was not expecting it. This was a distraction. We have put our basement room dehumidifier in our Acadia in the garage on this sixth night to help dry out all the water in the carpet and we are sure in the roof liner to hopefully help with any mold that may have started. We have two sons undercare for environmental allergies and one with asthma. This vehicle cannot be good for him. We now are stressed worrying about what future problems we are going to face from the water damage we can see and that we cannot. The upper electrical components (I.e. lights, dvd player), the blower under the dash and other internal dash components, and the most serious are the airbags. Will they now work" this has to be the biggest safety concern for GMC. We now have a big false sense of security regarding the air bag deployment in the event of a crash. We cannot comprehend that this has been allowed by our national government safety agencies since 2007! why"

- Hudson, OH, USA

Jun 012011

Acadia 6-cyl

Air cond turns on but will not blow. Mechanic removes cover and my blower motor is standing in 3 inches of water. Any more water would have leaked onto the floor of my car. Water in an electrical component is not safe. If I get water inside, I will also have mold or mildew. This is not safe for us to breathe. I do not feel this should be my cost. This is manufacturing or engineering negligence. It is not normal wear and tear.

- Ohio, OH, USA

Dec 252010

Acadia

Known issue with this vehicle- was never notified of defect. Significant water leak from somewhere in roof into passenger compartment at a posts and into dash area.

- Campbell, CA, USA

Apr 012009

Acadia

This is in regards to the window seal on the driver and passenger window. It holds water in the seal and has a very strong offensive mold/mildew odor. Each time you roll down either window the smell is so strong that your allergies are immediately affected. I don't think it is healthy to constantly smell mold when you're driving your vehicle. I took it to the dealer a couple of times and they agreed that it was horrible, but only suggested that I take an air hose and blow out the trapped water. That doesn't work because each time it rains or you wash your vehicle it smells again. I hate driving a newer vehicle that smells like a molded trash container. I would like a better solution for this never ending problem.

- Thomasville, NC, USA

Mar 202010

Acadia

The contact owns a 2008 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that on March 20, 2010 while driving at approximately 40 mph in snowy conditions with rocks and debris on the road, he heard a loud clanking noise under the vehicle. The noise was followed by the check engine light which illuminated on the instrument panel. When the contact attempted to accelerate at a traffic light, the vehicle would not move. The police responded but no report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a local authorized dealership where the contact was informed that a rock under the vehicle cut the harness wire since it was unprotected. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 40,800. The current mileage was approximately 41,000.

- Draper , UT, USA

Apr 112009

Acadia

I purchased my GMC Acadia '08 slt-2 in February, 2008 from the first owner with only 4800 miles. A month later, I noticed water dripping from underneath the glove box and immediately took it in for the "recall." They "fixed" it, and much to my delight, I had no problem until about two weeks ago (almost a year with no water). Then I noticed the leak again--same spot. I took the car back to the dealer, and they attempted the repair once more, claiming it was some sort of loose grommet. Again, they "fixed" the problem and sent me on my merry way. The next day, it poured, and even more water came from behind the glove box. I again took the car in, and this time, they held it for three days and apparently found two leaks, the more significant of which was from the lack of adequate silicone fastening the plastic shield underneath the windshield wipers. I picked the car up this morning, and like the rest of the country, we in new england are experiencing heavy downpours... and alas, the car is still leaking. I must say that the customer service team at colonial GMC in watertown (MA) has been extraordinarily kind and accommodating, but they still have yet to fix the problem.

- Somerville, MA, USA

Apr 112009

- Somerville, MA, USA

Sep 132008

Acadia 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 GMC Acadia. Whenever it rains, the contact's vehicle leaks badly through the sunroof. The dealer repaired the vehicle, but water began leaking through the windshield and is currently leaking in the rear of the vehicle. The contact is concerned about mold issues. Whenever she takes the vehicle to the dealer, she is informed that the vehicle has been repaired. However, the leaking recurs once she retrieves her vehicle. The failure mileage was 27,214. 4/01/09 updated 04/06/09.

- Greer, SC, USA

Jun 012008

Acadia

Water leaking from improperly installed sunroof drainage system. Water leaked from headliner, a post, B post, under dashboard, and pooling in the driver side floorboard. Incident occurred 3 times before being fixed. Known issue by manufacturer when vehicle was being produced at the factory. System was not resolved/repaired until attention was brought to the service department by the owner of the vehicle. Manufacturer should have fixed poorly designed system prior to producing, selling the vehicle to end consumer.

- Nokesville, VA, USA

Sep 042008

Acadia

Water leaking from sunroof - leaks from both airbag areas, above sunvisors and through seatbelts. Have serviced two times and will be going back a third time this week. First occurred 6 days after taking car off lot, then again 1 month later and now 18 days later (each time it has been in the rain). First time, took out windshield and replaced, thinking it was loose seal. Second time said the strip around the sunroof was flat and replaced it. This time they think the front drainage tubes are not working and are backing up into the inside and leaking. The mechanic rode with me and could feel the water puddling up in the sunroof. I am afraid the water will create mold and mildew, as well as get into the electrical components of the vehicle. The water pours out of the front sides and onto the steering wheel as you are driving.

- Anamosa, IA, USA

Sep 262008

Acadia

Entered my fairly new 2008 GMC Acadia this morning and was greeted with a puddle on the passenger seat and the door jams leaking to a point where the roof liner was also soaked. I am now afraid the water may compromise the air bags and speakers that are located near the leak. Not to mention the odor that will occur from having soaked carpet in a vehicle. I don't believe a vehicle with 10,000 miles and cost me 36,000 dollars new should ever leak.

- Garden City, NY, USA

Jun 052008

Acadia 6-cyl

This is the second time, within two weeks, I have taken my GMC Acadia slt2 AWD 2008 to be serviced for a leaky sunroof. I am getting major water damage in the wiring system, and airbag holder. I have more miles on my rental van, then my brand new Acadia.

- Newport, OR, USA

May 312008

Acadia 6-cyl

I purchased a GMC Acadia slt2 AWD 2008 on 5/21/08. 5/31/08 my sunroof leaked, and started dripping out of the airbag holder. The water went into the dashboard into wiring, speakers, vents and then continued to drip onto the floor board. 6/1/08 I started smelling a chemical, which smelled liked a strong odor of propane "like" smell. I have been getting sick and nauseated, along with my three girls. I am concerned about my health, moreover the health of my girls and husband. I also, planned on selling real estate residential property with my Acadia. So, I'm concerned about my future clients, and customers. The dealership, auto town Buick Pontiac GMC, 16803 SE mcloughlin blv, milwaukee, or 97267, has been unhelpful, due to them "possibly"buying back my GMC Acadia. The sales manager, moon, has been unprofessional and incompetent.

- Newport , OR, USA

Dec 222007

Acadia 6-cyl

My 2008 GMC Acadia slt2 model has water leaking into the passenger cabin. The water leaks are coming from the seat belt retraction area on the pillars leading down from the roof and also on the pillars at the front windshield where the airbags are located. I also have water soaking the front driver and passenger rugs, it appears water is running down the fire wall from the front possibly down the pillars. The rood headliner is getting wet at each spot where the roof pillars meet the headliner. I am quite concerned about water affecting the electronics, fuse box, airbag deployment and I am concerned about mold. I have noticed that the brake pedal squeaks when I depress it and I attribute this to the water hitting areas it should not be. I purchased this car with 1,275 miles on it as a certified pre owned vehicle on 12/12/07 and I am bringing it back to the dealer tomorrow 12/26/07 to see what they plan on doing to remedy same. I have read of various other experiences with water leaks affecting the fuse box and electronics for overall operation of the vehicle. I feel unsafe. I've read something about a tsb # 07-08-57-002A but I do not see it listed on your site, I will look further.

- Monroe Twp, NJ, USA