2004 GMC Envoy lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy:

2004 GMC Envoy Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 172008

The truck's dim lights all of the sudden stop working. The bright lights come on, but the dim lights will not come on at all. The bulbs were checked, and the dimmer switch. I've taken it to 2 mechanics, and no one can find out what's wrong with the lights. I can't get my tags renewed because the dim lights don't work at all. I've called GMC to see of any recalls, and they stated only rear tail lights. I definitely think its a manufacturers default, and would like the issue resolved.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Jul 012006

Envoy 6-cyl

I have been experiencing headlights, interior lights, lighting in the dash, and other lighting flicker while driving. It appears to be happening more and more. The lights become very dim and then get bright again in a matter of a few seconds. This is getting to be dangerous as people tend to pull over in front of me and sometimes traffic in going in the opposite direction coming towards me will pull of the road all thinking that I am flashing them either due to an emergency or just some wild driver behind the wheel. I had taken my vehicle to the dealer but he states he can not find anything wrong. Of course he also stated they took it for a ride but it does not happen for them. I guess not, it is hard to see lights flickering in the sunshine.

- Ramrod Key, FL, USA