- August 14: Honda Recalls Civic To Fix Side LED Lights recalls | 10 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 17 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 36 days ago
- July 16: Patricia Mincey Takata Airbag Lawsuit Settled news | 39 days ago
- July 7: Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled to Replace Gas Tanks recalls | 48 days ago
2001 Honda Civic
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
Worst 2001 Civic transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure666
- transmission slipping76
- transmission won't engage63
- pops out of gear20
- shutters on initial movement17
- jerks when accelerating13
- noise from transmission7
- stops suddenly while driving5
- p0470- tcc failed4
- torque convertor3
- leaking tranny fluid1
- O/D not working1
- shifting roughly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission289
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission11
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter9
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.