2004 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Civic:

2004 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Nov 212016

Civic

Takata recall --took my vehicle to the dealer big star Honda in houston, for the recall to fix the air bags as per their appointment schedule on 11/21/2016 9:15am, (it took me 3 tries to schedule the appointment becauase the parts were not available).the promise was it will be ready by 3 hours -- but around 4.15 pm my car was ready to be picked up as I drove of the parking lot into the feeder road of the highway I 45 South I noticed the red airbag light and engine light come on --- I called the dealer on my cellphone right then as I was driving home tried 3 different numbers left messages called again this morning (11/22/2016) no response I opened up another case number with Honda parent company case # 03744997. There is no visible sign on the airbag area to show if they did any work to exchange the inflator; the recall was for both passanger and driver side air bag.

- Pasadena, TX, USA

Oct 072016

Civic

Good morning, we took our Honda Civic in for an airbag recall recently. Last weekend the air bag light came on and we return to the dealer. They said they couldn't check it out unless we paid an initial $150 service fee and that it was probably the seat belt that broke and not the air bag but that its not covered since we now have gone over the 80,000 mile limit on their liability.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Oct 152015

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V370000 (air bags) and 15V320000 (air bags) from the manufacturer. While attempting to have the vehicle repaired for the recalls, the contact was notified by the dealer that the air bag repair may not be effective because the driver's seat belt SRS control unit failed and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Darien, IL, USA

Nov 042014

Civic

Awhile back I got a recall notice for my 2004 Honda Civic VIN# 2hges16304H590663 and I took it to Honda dealership in homosassa Florida but I dont think they properly fixed the recall because the airbag light is still on. When I complaained about it the lady told me thats my responsibilty not theirs. I wonder if they ever actually fixed the airbag recall. I have no idea the exact date. May have been 2014 0R 2015

- Inverness, FL, USA

Jul 062016

Civic

Takata recall. I received the recall notice from Honda for takata air bags.. the first time I got the notice I called and wasn't able to get an appointment for months. Now I get a second notice asking me to fix this problem and to call 1-844-758-9245. I have been calling this number for two weeks and all I get are busy signals. I try in the morning and afternoon. I have tried Monday - Thursday last week and nothing but busy. Hmm looks like Honda doesn't want to fix these cars.

- Delano, MN, USA

Jul 082016

Civic

The contact owned a 2004 Honda Civic. While driving at an unknown speed, the driver rear ended the preceding vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 150,000.

- La Habia Hgts, CA, USA

Jul 052016

Civic

Takata recall- I took my Honda in for two safety recalls (airbags; 15V-320 and 15V-370) at holman Honda. I received a phone call stating the the airbag light was on and the right airbag impact sensor needed to be replaced for $357. No lights were on when I dropped off the car... I'm concerned about this dealerships practices and charges for free safety recalls. My vehicle still feels unsafe!

- Ft Launderdale, FL, USA

Jan 012015

Civic

We have had the takata airbags replaced by the Honda dealer in bow, nh. However, our airbags are still not functioning as indicated by the airbag light still being on and the diagnositce later run (at our request) by the dealer. The dealer now ways that there is a defect in our seatbelt which is disabling the airbags. We thought the seatbelts were warrantied against defect but the dealer claims it is not. Please assist.

- Warner, NH, USA

Apr 212016

Civic

"takata recall" we own 2 Honda involved in the recall. The airbags were replaced on both vehicles. The SRS light is illuminated on both vehicles since the airbag was replaced. Rt. 23 Honda, pompton plains, NJ replaced the airbags. They want $300 for each vehicle to fix this problem that they say is not related to the airbag replacement. We feel this must be related to the replacement. Seems unlikely that 2 vehicles after replacement would have the same problem. I will submit a second form since there are 2 VIN numbers involved. I last spoke to the dealer about this on 4/21/2016.

- Towaco, NJ, USA

May 042016

Civic

Takata recalls we have never received anything stating if our vehicle has been recalled or not. Everything I read says it has & we will receive notification. Well when will that happen, when an airbag explodes & hurts someone?

- Dayton, NV, USA

Jul 012015

Civic

Takata recall. I have recieved mutiple letters concerning my air bag recall have had the care up there and have been told it's fixed, and I still get letters that it hasn't been fixed. Also the passenger air bag light has stayed on multiple times and they said they fixed but yet when I would go no more than 2 miles down the road it would come back on also the dealership I took it to did a multi point inspection and said my parking break was fine but little did they know my parking break doesn't work so how did it operate fine if I know good and well it doesn't. will never do business with Honda again

- Blountville, TN, USA

Mar 022016

Civic

SRS light on for years. Told it was nothing to worry about. Then Honda says it is a serious safety issue, I have to pay hundreds of dollars for repair. Transmission went out cost over $2500 so far, car still isn't working. Well known problem but Honda is greedy and won't pay to fix their unsafe vehicles. Car overheats when using the heater. Driver seat feels like it is going to move while driving. I will never buy a Honda ever again.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Aug 032015

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic coupe. While driving 35 mph, the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 15V370000 (air bags), but the remedy failed to repair the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the air bag warning light illuminated after the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 98,805.

- Hanover, PA, USA

Sep 012015

Civic

2004 Honda Civic. Consumer writes in regards to airbag inflator recall notice issues. Consumer sent additional correspondence. The consumer stated she never received a recall notice. The consumer found out about the recall from a newspaper article. Recall # 15V320000 and 15V370000.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Sep 182015

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. While driving approximately 40 mph, the contact's vehicle was rear ended and flipped over. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to the left side of the head, arm, leg, and waist that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to a tow yard. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000. The VIN was not available.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Apr 142015

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V370000 (air bags) and 15V320000 (air bags); however, the parts needed for the recall repairs were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 79,000.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

May 262015

Civic

Car was inspected and determined to require a new passenger air bag on May 26th 2015. As of September 1st 2015 the dealer has made no contact and has said that they do not have the part. Vehicle still has not been repaired as of Sept 1 2015, over 3 months after it was brought in.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Aug 132015

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V370000 (air bags) and 15V320000 (air bags), but the air bag warning light illuminated after the recall repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 57,246.

- Morristown, TN, USA

Aug 202015

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V370000 (air bags) and 15V320000 (air bags); however, the parts needed were unavailable to perform the repairs. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sunrise , FL, USA

Oct 062014

Civic

I took my vehicle to change the air bags per notification from Honda. I took the car to val strough Honda dealership in sand city, ca. They changed the passenger air bag per recall, and said they would call me later to schedule the driver's since they did not have parts available. A notification in the mail said that if after 60 days I have no been notified to change the second airbag to file a complaint. So here I am. Thanks, jose emilio villarreal.

- Seaside, CA, USA