2006 Honda Civic suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Apr 092009

Civic

Rear control arms of 2006 Honda Civic ex fail, damaging tires and brakes. Honda refuses to accept responsibility for this or issue a recall, despite the fact that this defect is prevalent in many Civics.

- Charleston, WV, USA

Jun 292007

Civic

I bought a new Honda Civic, 2006 and within one year all four tires had excessive wear. I had them replaced by the dealer. The tires were in terrible shape by that time and the mileage wasn't over 15K. I understand that there is a defect with these vehicles - rear camber settings. The upper control arms. Has there been a recall on these vehicle? there should be. I live in the ne where there are many weather situations and the tires are of great safety importance. I now have a baby in the car also.

- Austerlitz, NY, USA

Jun 072007

Civic

I bought a new Honda Civic, 2006, and within one year, all four tires had excessive wear and had to be replaced. The dealer said it "happens". I had about 12K miles on those tires. Now, again after one year, I have to replace my rear tires due to unusual wear. I have read that it is a design fault of the car.- upper control arms. I bought this car to save money, not to have to buy tires annually and have an unsafe vehicle. My sister bought the same car at the same time I did and her tires had to be replaced after one year also.

- Austerlitz, NY, USA

Sep 232008

Civic

2006 Honda Civic flat spots in rear tires 3 sets of tires have been put on car.Honda is not taking responsibility for problem with rear suspension problems causing this problem.

- Stockholm, NJ, USA

Sep 012007

Civic

I have a rumble in the suspension of my car with new tires. The tires I have only have about 15,000 miles on them and Honda is saying that it's because I put cheap tires on my car. I have been to barry's Honda so many times to complain about this problem. Even when I had the original tires on the car and they didn't want to fix it or they didn't find anything wrong with it. I brought it to them at least three or four times. One time they told me it was a broken belt in my front passenger tire so that's when I replaced all four tires. The original tires only had 40,000 miles on them when I replaced them. When I had the tires replaced the store that put the tires on said that there wasn't a broken belt. I still had the rumble with brand new tires.

- Westport, MA, USA

May 162007

Civic

Tire failure around 27,000 miles from excessive wear on rear tires despite regular maintenance procedures. Possibly due to rear control arm malfunction which manufacturer will not inspect. Also, manufacturer has replaced under warranty both sun visors due to splitting of plastic (most likely due to bad engineering without consideration of interior heat).

- High Point, NC, USA

Jul 182008

Civic

Premature tire wear on my 2006 Honda Civic. The car is 3 years old and I am on my third set of tires. I have had alignment checks every 6 months and I have had my tires rotated every 6,000 miles.

- Merrimack, NH, USA

Jun 092008

Civic

I recently bought new tires and the steel tried is showing through. Honda dealership said that Honda was aware of the problem and, if I bought new tires, that they would give me a free alignment. Not cool seeing as Honda should give me new tires and fix the problem. My car now makes loud noises due to the tires and, with all the other fixes I am having to get, I am rethinking Honda's commitment to customer satisfaction. I am thinking of trading it in for a prius.

- San Mateo, CA, USA

Jun 052008

Civic 4-cyl

A very loud road noise has been coming from the rear of the car. My car would not pass inspection because the tires were worn down. I was told by the Honda dealer that I need 4 new tires (33,394 miles) because there is excessive play in the rear control arms, as per Honda service bulletin. We are awaiting the arrival of the parts and the work will be covered under the warranty. Service will take place on June 16th. However, the tires are not covered at all by the warranty. I'm also concerned there might be other damage to the suspension or bearings that they aren't admitting to.

- New Paltz, NY, USA

May 072007

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic hybrid. While driving 60 mph, the contact heard road noise. The dealer stated that the rear tires were unevenly worn, but was unable to determine the cause of failure. The dealer advised the contact to not rotate the tires. The current mileage is 22,652 and failure mileage was 22,300. The consumer stated he has reason to believe the problem is the battery pack(between rear seat and trunk) is causing the rear tires to wear unevenly. Updated 07/10/07

- San Clemente, CA, USA