2007 Honda Civic body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 222007

NHTSA recall number: 07V-399 mfr campaign id: Q56 campaign description: '06-'07 hcm Civic rear bearing recall date: 08/30/2007 recall status: 17 character VIN required summary: On certain vehicles, the wheel speed sensor housing uses an O-ring seal to prevent leakage to or from the wheel bearing. If assembled improperly, the O-ring may not seal properly allowing water to enter the wheel bearing and eventually cause damage to the bearing, especially in areas where use of road salt is prevalent. If the driver continues to drive with this condition it is possible for the wheel bearing to become loose, which could cause the bearing to fail. Safety risk: This could cause a wheel to fall off of the vehicle, possibly resulting in a crash. Remedy: Dealers will inspect the rear ABS sensors and wheel bearings for damaged parts and replace them free of charge. The recall began on September 25, 2007. Owners may contact Honda at 1-800-999-1009.

- New Carrollton, MD, USA

Oct 052015

Fading paint condition. My car is starting to show significant clear coat and paint fading on the C pillar, trunk lid and right finder.vehicle. Current mileage is under 55K miles

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 012015

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. While driving at 50 mph, the headliner slightly detached from the roof of the vehicle and obstructed the contact's visibility. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000. The VIN was unavailable. Updated 1/14/16

- Deal Island, MD, USA

Oct 112010

I have a 2007 blue Civic si sedan. The paint/clearcoat has begun to oxidize. Clear coat is flaking off all over the front fenders, hood, roof of car, a pillars, C pillars, spoiler and trunk. The side of the car have been ok so far. My car just missed the recall notice by a few months but has become worse every day. I wax my car 2-3 times a year and park in a garage at home and work. So the sun has minimal chance of ruining the paint. But the clear coat and paint are still coming off the car all over. It look horrible and now I am in need of a new paint job. Honda states there waiting for a new recall to come out and cover this but in tell then I have to take care of it. I am very disappointed with this issue as its a great car but now looks like crap and takes even more work to prevent rust. The paint issues began a year after my factory warranty expired. I did purchase this car new from a Honda dealer.

- Edwardsville, IL, USA

Jun 022014

The paint is chipping and peeling all over the hood and sides of the front of the car. It is very ugly!

- Marblehead, MA, USA

May 062013

The paint on the roof of my 2007 Honda Civic start oxidizing and peeling away 2 years ago. At first it was just a small spot at the back of the roof and now it is manifesting to all over the roof. I received a recall for 2007 Civics for paint peeling and I brought my vehicle to my local dealership where I was told that my VIN number was not covered. I feel as Honda is most assuredly being deceitful with their customerbase and certainly not taking care of them as they should. I felt safe and confident purchasing a Honda just knowing they would stand behind their product and knew I would not have issues in the end. Silly me.

- Middletown, RI, USA

Feb 212015

Civic 4-cyl

The clear coat and paint job is bubbling and getting ready to crack and expose the car to rust.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Mar 012014

Civic 4-cyl

Early 2014 we approached Honda of columbia, the purchase point of this car, about the factory paint flaking and coming off. Honda says we have to have the car repainted and show them the receipt before they will help offer financial help. That costs us $4000+ out of our pocket and then they may subsidize the cost. This car misses the original recall for defective painting by a couple of weeks. Her car has been well kept but not garaged. Independent paint shops confirm that it is a fault w/ the original painting process. Nearly the whole top/flat surfaces of the car are in question: Spoiler, roof, trunk, hood, fenders and all other horizontal surfaces are affected. The vertical portions are in acceptable shape. The local dealer Honda of columbia, S.C. says this car doesn't fall into the factory recall criteria because it is an '07 and they only qualified up to '06. One of their service department reps assured us they it should be on the recall list and that even the color was one listed along w/ the other car colors. Not Honda of columbia denies that the car has to be repainted before they will help pay, but now only offer $1000 to subsidize the cost and still wont tell me how to make a claim. They suggested I call Honda of America service folks and talk to them they have yet to answer a call. There is no answer of any kind so I am unable to leave a message. What should I do...

- Cayce, SC, USA

Sep 012014

Civic 4-cyl

This Civic is galaxy grey. The roof and trunk paint has begun to cloud, fade, crack, and peel. While not a safety issue, it will affect the resale value of the car.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jun 062013

Driver's window moves up and down. I put window up, and it comes down by itself. Minor issue is clearcoat paint peeling off of bumper.

- Painesville, OH, USA

Jul 012011

Civic 4-cyl

After about a year after purchasing my car, I noticed the paint started to appear rather dusky. A short time later, my paint started to peel! my car was only three years old at time of purchase- so peeling paint is obviously not owners fault. No sooner did my roof begin to peel heavily, the hood and side panels and now trunk are starting to peel excessively. It is so embarrassing, and so gross.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jan 012013

The paint started peeling on the roof of my car, then went on to start on my hood. It has been quickly peeling more and more and looking worse and worse. Before I went to spend $600+ on a new paint job, I found out online that there are many others that have complained of the same exact thing happening to their Honda Civics. If this is a problem with the quality of Honda's paint, which is what most sources are saying, they should fix it for free. It's a 2007, this is not normal wear and tear.

- Orem, UT, USA

Aug 032012

Civic 4-cyl

Clear coat and paint are peeling from top of vehicle in front of, and behind the sunroof.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Apr 012013

Civic 4-cyl

Premature paint fading on top of car front of moonroof and back of roof and growing.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 152013

Paint/clear coat is deteriorating and cracking. Honda dealer and american Honda state that since the car is beyond the 3 yr warranty, there is nothing they can do (even though it is a defect).

- Union, NJ, USA

Jul 202011

Civic 4-cyl

The primer/paint/top coat began to fail about 18 months ago. The problem seems to be contained to the hood and roof, and it is progressively getting worse. It seems there is a problem with the quality of the finishing products used by Honda on this car.

- Richland, PA, USA

Jan 012011

Civic 4-cyl

Paint on 2007 Honda Civic coupe (black) fading, chipping, oxidizing same as numerous other complaints on this site and several others. The wear on this paint is not "normal wear and tear" for a 6 year old vehicle, nor is it a result of inadequate wax, maintenance, etc. This is a defect which Honda should fix. I am very disappointed in the low quality this vehicle is reflecting on Honda products.

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 012012

Civic 4-cyl

Clear coat/paint is coming off on driver's side roof and driver's side window frame. Car has been kept up with washes only like suggested and Honda won't do anything about it.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jan 032011

Civic 4-cyl

Defective paint on this year Civic. Apparently according to internet reports, this is a common problem. I joined the class action suit against Honda, not sure what else to do.

- Woodlands Hills, CA, USA

Aug 102011

Civic 4-cyl

Paint on the roof started fading and is getting worse as time goes by. Honda won't cover the paint on the roof under the warranty. They should fix the problem.

- El Mirage, AZ, USA