2007 Honda Civic miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 092008

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. Whenever the contact drives the vehicle and depresses the brake or accelerator pedals, she hears a sound as if water is rushing forward and backwards. She stated that the sound appeared to be coming from under the trunk. When taken to the dealer, they kept the vehicle for a week, but did not repair or diagnose the vehicle. The contact was informed that this was a normal occurrence. When the window is closed and the vehicle is placed into park, she can hear the sound more clearly as if she is in a boat. The failure mileage was 13,595. Updated 09/23/08 updated 10/01/08

- Burbank, CA, USA

Jul 012008

2007 Honda Civic. Consumer has issues about the blind spot on the driver and passenger's side of the vehicle. The consumer stated the blind spot occurred between the vertical and the slanted front beams.

- Glen Mills, PA, USA

Apr 152007

Slow throttle response since purchase, door glass rattle since purchase, the third gear would give resistance, which is a known problem with the six speed transmission. I patched the problem by changing the transmission fluid and installing a shorter shifter yet this is not a permanent solution. Honda has refused to repair the actual problem with the third gear synchro and at one point stated that it was probably caused by my driving, the problem with the vehicle going into third gear is a known problem and there is a technical service bulletin that Honda corporate has released for the exact problem. The headliner rattles, door gasket seal has been coming off since purchase, suspension popping noise in the front passenger side strut since purchase and the sound has become more frequent, the driver side visor was defective and was replaced, the driver door hits the fender when opening just started happening since Honda worked on my vehicle. I have been taking my vehicle to two different dealerships (recommended by Honda corporate) and nothing has been properly repaired. I feel as though I have been given the run around for the past year. Honda has made several attempts to repair the problems and has not been able to, they have only damaged my vehicle during their attempts to repair it. They have damaged the front bumper three times, the side of the vehicle once, the door and fender once. They of course denied any involvement in the damage, then repair it under warranty.

- Turlock, CA, USA

Jun 112008

On Wednesday, June 11, 2008 I was driving from Mar vista, ca to san leandro, ca with my 4 year old son and 20 year old sister in law. We were on the 580 w driving in the far left lane at 65mph at 11:30 am when we heard an explosion in the rear of the car. When we inspected the car, the right rear tire was blown through. The side walls were intact, but the whole top part of the tire was not connected to the side wall. My car is a 2007 Honda Civic coupe ex and it had about 8300 miles. I purchased the car in July 2007. The crash caused significant damage to the front left side of my car. The car is now at a body shop and is being repaired in san leandro, ca. We have the defective tire. After doing more research I found that Honda had issued a service bulletin about uneven or rapid tire wear. Tsb 08-001 on February 8, 2008. I did not receive notification of this serious defect because Honda is not required to notify consumers regarding tsbs. This defect is serious and affects nearly all 2006-2007 Honda Civics. This tsb needs to become a recall. All owners of 2006-2007 Honda Civics need to be made aware of this life threatening defect. I understand that tires should be checked regularly, and many consumers do, however, my tires did not give me any warning of uneven wearing. Actually, it would be hard to notice since my 2007 Civic coupe ex is not quite on the road and you can feel any little bump in the road. I was told that this was normal because of the stiff suspension. Overall, I seriously hope that this is addressed quickly. Many unsuspecting drivers, many of whom have driven Honda's in the past are not expecting this type of problem which can cause tire blowouts and possible fatal accidents. It would be unfortunate that a class action suit or the death of innocent consumers prompt Honda to make this tsb 08-001 notice a recall notice.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA