2007 Honda Civic miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 122015

Civic

The sun visor on the driver's side broke in July 2015 along the joint where the rod runs through it. Had gone to a friend's house, and when I went back out to my car, the sun visor was broken. Nothing else had happened to the car; just the broken sun visor. Sun visor now constantly hangs down vertically, obstructing view. Only temporary solution is pushing the visor to the side, but that obstructs the view of traffic on the side of the vehicle. Problem occurred about one year outside Honda's extended warranty for the visor. Not sure what to do.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Apr 302016

Civic

I've had/having several problems with my 2007 Honda Civic that I bought brand new. My back tires have worn very unevenly over the years and because of this car eating tires I've replaced tires almost every 2 years. There is also a popping sound when driving when you make a tight turn. I've also had many problems with my A/C. I've had the blower fan stop working and some component relating to it replaced 3 times. My A/C recently stopped blowing cold air after it spit out frozen freon through my vents. Mechanic has told me my freon was empty and compressor locked up. Now I need to throw money ($1400) at this repair as well!...updated 07/19/16

- Acworth, GA, USA

Dec 092015

Civic

I have crack on my engine block upfront where's leek out antifreeze from block when I came dealership they said it doesn't cover my vehicle but when I check online it problem issues recall on this model so what should I have to do I'm student I buy this car for cash and I see this issue factory belong my vehicle has only 115000 miles can you respond me please.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Aug 012015

Civic

On my 2007 Civic ex, the driver side visor popped open at the parting line near the hinge and the plastic ribs inside broke. It does not want to snap back into place in any direction (front, back, or side). It hangs so low that it is blocking the view of the road (front windshield and driver side window) at all times. I am very disappointed with Honda that it is not listed as a safety concern...because it is.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Jul 042015

Civic

In 2011 Honda settled a class action suit involving defective sun visors. My car had both visors replaced in, I believe, 2012. Both are cracked just as the originals were. The danger is in the driver side defective sun visor. It can flop down unpredictably and and distract the driver. If it flops down halfway, its edge is aimed at my forehead and injure me. The only inexpensive and quick repair is a binder clip attached to the broken parts to hold them together.

- Great Neck, NY, USA

Jan 012014

Civic

Air bag and side air bag symbol warning was coming on and off for atleast a year & now stays on all the time

- Washington, DC, USA

May 292015

Civic

I hit a pothole and the airbag was deployed.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

May 092012

Civic 4-cyl

Driver side visor started to getting stuck and loose before completely falling off the hinge.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Apr 142012

Civic

Pulley bolt malfunctioned causing water pump to break while also damaging the drive belt.

- Ewa Beach, HI, USA

Jul 012010

Civic

The vehicle's hybrid ima system (integrated motor assist) has been steadily deteriorating since approximately 40000 miles, but became hazardous at around 63000. Current mileage is 78500. The hybrid battery system must recharge so frequently that battery assist is available less than half the time. When assist is unavailable, acceleration is dangerously low, making common driving situations such as left turns, freeway onramps, and merging into traffic unpredictable and quite hazardous. Honda's only response has been a series of ineffective software updates. Honda will not replace the battery under warranty unless a warning light appears. Yet even the current severely degraded performance of the battery does not trigger that warning light. I have been in several "near miss" situations when acceleration was so sluggish that I was nearly unable to evade a dangerous traffic situation.

- Austin, TX, USA

Dec 012009

Civic

This report deals with a recurring problem with my Honda Civic. In 2009, I took my Honda to the local dealership due to the console between the front seats becoming extremely hot, so hot in fact, that I could not touch the emergency brake. The dealership said that it was fixed, however, a year to the month later, the same thing happened when the heat was again turned on. The dealership said that they could not brace the heat line to anything, that they would have to "wad up something" to have it rest upon. I am very dissatisfied with the many recalls and now this situation that keeps surfacing. When will this happen again, if it has already occurred twice.

- Townsend, GA, USA

Dec 012009

- Townsend, GA, USA

Jan 152011

Civic 4-cyl

2007 Honda hybrid ima problems Honda update now car really unsafe. Never know when hybrid will go gas mileage went from 45 to 32 mpg cant get up to speed at lights tired of people blowing there horns at me. Please help us hybrid owners very unsafe car with ima update Honda want put it back to org spec.

- Sanford , NC, USA

May 012009

Civic 4-cyl

I own two 2007 Honda Civic LX coupe & sedan with15,000 miles and coupe with 30,000 miles. Both cars have the same sun visor problem. It breaks and will not stay in up postion. The visor could suddenly fall in front of the driver and cause an accident.

- The Colony, TX, USA

Aug 012010

Civic

The driver's side visor is defective. It appears as though the seal on the hinge for the visor has come undone (not due to any excess force, simply due to general everyday use). The defective hinge on the visor leads to the inability to properly position the visor, when in use, or not in use. When in use, this creates a safety hazard due to obstructing the driver's vision by the visor itself due to inability to properly position the visor (it does not stay in place), or affecting the driver's vision due to not being able to properly shield glare and sun due to the inability to properly position the visor while driving. When not in use, the visor may not stay in place, therefore "flopping" in front of the driver's line of vision. This is a safety concern that, when researched on the internet, is large problem with Honda Civic owners like myself. This has not yet caused me to have an accident, but I'm trying to be proactive in preventing such an incident. I have tried multiple times to speak with my Honda service people, and I've been told this is not covered under warranty. However, the service people have told me they see this complaint "all the time." This is a safety defect that needs to be addressed and properly handled. Thank you for looking into this matter.

- Glenview, IL, USA

Sep 132008

Civic

My sun visors have cracked/split at the top on both the driver and passenger side. They will not stay up and block my vision so that I have to turn them to the side facing the doors while driving. I had them both replaced while under warranty on September 13, 2008. They broke exactly the same way again this summer(2010). The visors are not able to withstand the heat and seem to melt and burst at the seam in the summer months.

- Destrehan, LA, USA

Oct 012010

Civic

While operating the above vehicle, the driver side sun visor imploded, became unstable and fell into my line of sight. This was a known hazardous defect on behalf of the manufacturer, Honda. I just became aware this has been a well documented flaw in the design and the company has been put on notice. The failure of Honda to voluntarily recall and/or repair the defected visor amounts to negligence according to most state case law. This should immediately result in a civil action before another failed product presents an undue hazard to another victim of Honda.

- La Vergne, TN, USA

Jul 202010

Civic

Car lost over 15 mpg for a number of months, extreme decrease in acceleration necessary for car to safely merge or turn into traffic, on multiple occasions, car would not accelerate over 35-40 mph when entering interstate traffic, ima and check engine lights eventually came on, complete failure of the ima batter module, module replaced under warranty, but software has been reprogrammed, car still has less power and a loss of approx 10 mpg, Honda states there is no fix at this time, but that car is operating as designed

- Acworth , GA, USA

Oct 092008

Civic 4-cyl

2007 Honda Civic has a reflection of the dash board onto the windshield causing a distraction. The consumer stated depending on the angle of the sun, there was a reflection that made it difficult to read the instrument panel.

- Flushing, NY, USA

Sep 172007

Civic

Increasingly worse rear tire noise. Dealer says normal. Eventual first oil change and dealer admits to tech. Svc. Bulletin. 4hrs labor (no loaner) and hard sell to replace tires for $300 aprox. Since this was my fault(?) sun visor failed and has become a hazard with no remedy available, only another defective visor.

- Concord, NC, USA