2007 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

May 162016

Civic

Takata recall. I'm not sure what constitutes a timely recall or repair, but it's been 6 months since anybody has been able to sit in the front seat and I'm sick of looking like an uber driver. I'm also not convinced that the driver's side airbag is safe, and I'd rather not receive a molten hunk of metal through my neck for the sin of having a fender bender. All in all I am a very unhappy Honda owner.,

- Vista, CA, USA

Jul 112016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The interim notice did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Ringwood, NJ, USA

Civic

NHTSA recall number: Opens new window takes away from VIN lookup section> 16V-346 recall date: May 23, 2016 manufacturer recall number: KA5 recall status: Recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available we have been waiting months for this defect to be corrected. The dealer has admitted that they get priority over recalls for cars they take in trade and then resell. Why is the consumer left to wait when this is a primary mode of transportation required to conduct our daily life. Waiting since may" why is the common consumer left in danger"

- West Chester, PA, USA

Jun 232016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- La Quinta, CA, USA

Nov 092016

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Daley City, CA, USA

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Civic

Takata recall - initial letter detailing the problem was received May 23 2016 stating that a remedy would be available late summer/fall 2016. As of 10/31/16 the NHTSA website still shows remedy unavailable. This is unacceptable - I can no longer afford to not use the full function of my vehicle, specifically using the front passenger seat. 5 months is too long when we are talking about a potentially serious safety issue, especially since I live in a hot and relatively humid climate.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Oct 252016

Civic

Takata recall - I received an initial letter alerting me of the dangerous situation with these airbags. However, I have yet to receive an additional letter letting me know that I can now get this part fixed. The online VIN check still shows that the remedy is not available still, but it is terrifying to keep driving around knowing that people have died from the same problem.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Oct 212016

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Glenshaw, PA, USA

Aug 092016

Civic

Air bag light on, dealer doesn't have parts, can't drive car Honda case # 05125120, promised call back from case manager that never happened. Do not have alternate transportation. Air bag light just stayed on one day, no specific condition applied.

- Somerville, AL, USA

Jul 152016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Parsippany, NJ, USA

Jul 052016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Land O' Lakes, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Civic

Takata recall - how is there still no remedy/replacement part available? "avoid having a passenger sit in the front passenger's seat" is not an option for me. Honda finally issued notice in July saying parts would be available late summer/fall.

- Sykesville, MD, USA

Aug 162016

Civic

I used your site to see if there was any recalls on this car and your site said there are 0 recalls. So there for your site is false and does not keep an accurate track of recalls. This specific car and others have had recalls on the passenger side air bag.

- Florence, CO, USA

Jul 012016

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Jul 062016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hesperia, CA, USA

Jun 152016

Civic

I've been informed that my car's passenger side airbag is defective and nothing has been done about it. Our local Honda dealership (bill kay Honda, bradley Illinois) is aware of my vehicle and the recall. Date listed below is an estimate.

- Manteno, IL, USA

Jul 292016

Civic

Potential defective air bag, possible unlawful airbag tampering

- Herndon, VA, USA

Aug 292016

Civic

Takata recall- I was parked in michaels craft stores parking lot. I pulled forward to leave I didnt see the curb/median/sidewalk in front of me. When I pulled forward I hit them and both of my air bags went off. I bruised my forearms, hurt my left pinkie/hand and my back has ben hurting me. I know their is a recall on my airbags but im not sure if my airbags going off so easily had anything to do with it.

- Plain City, UT, USA

Jul 252016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fremont, CA, USA