2007 Honda Civic windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 6 of 9)

Apr 062010

Honda Civic 2007 visor pops open and does not grab. Visor floats down into field of vision. Honda not issuing recall they don't believe it is a safety issue. Maybe a lawyer will convince them.

- Middletown, NY, USA

Jul 102010

Passenger sun visor cracked due to heat and will not stay in up position or correct slanted position for correct visibility. Appears to be a common problem on google blog sites where Honda is aware of the problem but is ignoring the issue (I.e., replacement part is the same defective part that fails again).

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Apr 082008

The sun visors in my 2007 Honda Civic are defective. The plastic inside the visor weakens and breaks in the heat, and the visor no longer stays in place. It can drop into the driver's line of vision at any time, posing a hazard for visibility when driving. It can no longer be used to block the sun, so visibility is reduced when driving into the sun as well.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Sep 102009

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jun 012010

There is a design flaw with 2007 Honda Civics, which is a potential safety issue. The sun visors split in hot weather, which causes them to no longer be adjustable to block the sun while driving.

- Ogden, UT, USA

Jan 022010

I have a 2007 Honda Civic ex. The drivers side sun visor has split along the hinge line and will not stay in the up position. This blocks my view of the road at unwanted times and has caused me to have instances of blind vision to traffic around me.

- Fallbrook, CA, USA

Mar 152010

2007 Honda Civic LX coupe has defective sun visors. At first visor very loose. Over time visor would not stay up. This hinders driving and being able to see the traffic signals. Now the entire visor has come off as it won't stay on its hinge. Now I drive in the morning facing the sun and drive home facing the sun. Very difficult to see traffic in front of you with the sun in your face. Honda agrees I can get a replacement at my expense but I understand this is a flaw with many Honda Civic owners.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Jul 012010

Driver side sun visor split at the top seam and continues to drop in sight of the windshield. Brought it to Honda and they said it would cost $110 + labor.

- Derwood, MD, USA

Jul 052010

My driver side sun visor in my 2007 Honda Civic ex suddenly fell from the stored position and wouldn't go back up in place. I was merging onto the interstate when this happened and it came down directly into my line of site and I couldn't see for a moment. My fiance's sister has the same car and it happened to her also. Took it to the dealership and asked for a replacement and the service guy said it is a known defect and Honda told them not to replace them for free anymore. This to me is a serious safety concern. If you look it up on the internet many people have had the same issue with this. Honda knows it is a problem or they wouldn't have redesigned a replacement for it.

- Hampton, VA, USA

May 122010

2007 Honda Civic sun visor fails at the seam and blocks the driver's view. This has happened 8-9 timnes sinec I purchased Honda in 2007. Each time the dealer replaces it, but it takes time and is dangerous until it is replaced. Can't Honda's engineers design a visor?

- Yuma, AZ, USA

May 102010

The sun visor cracked a few months ago and will not return to the upright position. I have seen several websites where this seems to be a manufacturing defect for several model years that Honda has not chosen to respond to. It is not a visibility issue for me, I am under 5'4" but it does affect the line of vision for my boyfriend who is 6'.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jun 252010

2007 Honda Civic ex sunvisor broke and it now limits visability.

- Greenville, SC, USA

Jun 122010

Our 2007 Honda Civic sun visor has broken twice. The first time was only a month or so after purchasing brand new from the dealer. When the sun visor breaks, it dangles in front of the driver's view. Whether in the front or pushed to the side, the broken sun visor tilts down and dangles in a distracting way which is dangerous for the driver of the Civic. The sun visor was very poorly designed by Honda. Structurally speaking, the torsional resistance required to rotate the visor from the up position to the down position wasn't correctly designed for. The result is that the internal plastic clamps that are supposed to resist all forces from the internally rotating metal arm, fail and after these plastic clamps internally get torn apart, the sun visor dangles oddly in front of the driver and causes a dangerous distraction. This poorly designed sun visor fails very easily under normal use, and gives no warning of distress, before failing suddenly. This sun visor should be recalled and replaced with a correctly designed sun visor that won't brake and cause this safety issue.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jun 012010

Honda Civic models 2006 and 2007 have defective sun visors. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of reported cases online. Twice in the past 14 months, I have been driving when my sun visor unexpectedly split at the seam and suddenly fell into my line of sight. Both times I was startled and my vision was obstructed while operating the car at speeds exceeding 60 mph. Fortunately, I was able to avoid an accident both times. I am on my 3rd visor, but feel uneasy behind the wheel, worried it will happen again. Additionally, when waiting for a service appointment, I am forced to drive without a functional visor, and have been temporarily blinded by the sun on more than one occasion. I called Honda and spoke with "morris" who readily admitted that this is a common complaint that they receive, but Honda was unwilling to do anything on my behalf since my car is no longer under warranty. I still have the last faulty sun visor.

- Easton, MD, USA

Jun 202010

Putting down my sun visor caused something to crack, and now it will not go up and it is constantly blurring my vision and I have to tape it to the roof of my car. Nothing has been done to fix it. This is a common occurrence with the vehicle in question.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 172010

Driver side and passenger side visors fell apart almost like they melted. I don't think they fixed it the first time I brought it in. Now they are saying it isn't covered under warranty. They knew the visor design was flawed. Now I can't move either visors from my view.

- Hendersonville, TN, USA

Jun 142010

2007 Honda Civic driver's side visor split open just a few months after it was purchased in May 2007. Dealer could not replace right away because visors were on back order because so many had failed. Since that time I have made sure visor was never left in the down position, however the visor split open again while in the up position. I was only out of the car for 30 minutes. The mileage is 53000, so it is no longer under warranty. This appears to be a manufacturers defect, especially seeing how many others have had the same experience. Can Honda not be made to replace or redesign these visors.

- Fisherville, KY, USA

Mar 192009

2007 Honda Civic driver side sun visor keeps breaking I have gone through two already and Honda will not replace it for me.

- Redlands, CA, USA

Aug 012009

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the drivers side sun visor was replaced in 2009 after the sun caused the plastic to melt. The sun visor was damaged twice. The manufacturer stated that the warranty would not cover the repair cost and that they would not provide any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 38,000 and the current mileage was 49,000.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

May 132010

There were no signs that my daughter's driver's side sun visor, while driving, was going to break, and hang down in front of her eyes, blocking her view of the road. If this is not a safety issue, then what is? after searching the web and noticing the increasing number of complaints related to this issue, and calling my local dealer, only to be told that, since my warranty had expired, I would be responsible for Honda's problem. I knew I had to do something to not only protect my daughter, but also protect other consumers experiencing the same problem. If you're reading this, please take the time to file a complaint with Honda usa at 1-800-999-1009 and dot's, NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236. The only way, we as consumers, are going to be able to make Honda do anything to correct their problem, is to file a complaint with the proper regulatory Agency. It upsets me, to know, that Honda, knowing they have a defective part, will not look out for the safety of their customers, and step up to the plate, and correct this problem they created. My local dealer told me that since my warranty had expired, it would cost me $100 to replace the sun visor. I informed him that I will make a call to the above-listed numbers, and we will proceed from there. Please make the calls if you're experiencing this problem. Do not allow Honda to get away with, not only a safety issue, but also making us pay for their defective product. This could have been a dangerous situation. Make sure you select "visibility", under the components name, located on the vehicle information page, of this complaint form.

- Richland, MS, USA