2010 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Jul 242016

Civic

I received a recall latter on Friday July 22, 2016. I called America Honda for repair, but I was told no parts available at the moment and to call Honda dealer for service, on Monday July 24, 2016 I called Honda dealer for service on the recall airbag, but they told me no parts available at this moment. Also they told me not have a passenger in the car. Because if in an incident and the airbag deploy they're not responsible for any damaged or injuries. I have not used my 2010 Honda Civic since July 24, 2010 due to unsafe reason and danger for my family. I still owe for my 2010 Honda Civic and don't understand why America Honda doesn't hurry up and repair the defected airbags (takata recall). I use my 2010 Honda Civic to take my family to school, park, store, doctors appointments, dental appointments, and visit families, and not to mention my work. This repair delay causing me stress, problem getting to work and places'. my wife and I stop attending cerritos college due to takata recall, because it's unsafe and dangerous for my family to use the passenger seat. My family should not pay the price for any defected parts or malfunction safety equipment. On top of that, why should I pay my 2010 Honda Civic monthly payment if I'm not using the vehicle, due to Honda unsafe and dangerous safety equipment ( takata recall).

- Norwalk, CA, USA

Aug 192016

Civic

During long driving and vehicle in motion couple of times I have observed passenger air bag light going on and off. During driving on 8/19/2016 from Connecticut to Pennsylvania I have observed the issue and taken photo for evidence and attached herewith.

- Rocky Hill, CT, USA

Civic 4-cyl

I received a letter in the mail from Honda that there is a recall on Honda Civics years 2006-2011. I researched the recall and it turns out its for the passenger's air bag. I reached out to the closest Honda dealer to me and they said they have to order the part because they didn't have it in store and they would get back to me. I gave them all my information and I reached out to them on July 22, 2016 and it now been over a month and I still have not received a call back from them. Therefore I'm filing this complaint. Please at your convenience reach back out to me. Thank you.

- Banning, CA, USA

Jul 082016

Civic

"takata recall" I received a letter on July from Honda saying that the air bags recall had been extended to include my car's passenger side air bag. They joyfully say that they will not have a replacement part until September or October, so they ask me in the meantime to avoid taking any passenger in my car. Are these guys high? if having this defective air bags is worse and more dangerous than not having one, what about have them (Honda) either deactivate or remove this faulty piece of equipment and let me use my car as I please and take all the passengers that I want without having them killed by their mistakes?

- Riverside, CA, USA

Civic

My car horn to honk is not working. I replaced the fuse and it won't work. This is very dangerous!! I can't warn cars that are about to crash into me that I'm there. I can't prevent accidents without honking. Some cars don't see me in there blind spots. I feel like if someone crashes into me Honda will be part at fault bc the horn doesn't work. I received a recall letter from Honda saying the air bags are being recalled. I think the horn situation should be investigated bc the horn and the airbag are located in the same place. My horn malfunction before but it had gotten fixed by itself.

- Downey, CA, USA

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V0346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Alamo, TX, USA

Jun 102010

Civic

There is a defect in the passenger side air bag

- Laguna Beach, CA, USA

Civic 4-cyl

2010 Honda Civic. Consumer requests name of vehicle airbags manufacturer. Consumer sent additional correspondence.

- Hackettstown, NJ, USA

May 312016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Civic

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Brighton, MI, USA

Civic

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V34600 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Civic

What may happen! a crash ! sally got a letter from Honda today. But they do not have the parts to fix the problem with the airbag. Can you tell me when I can take my car into dellaship in metairie, la. Sally brown

- Metairie, LA, USA

Civic

Takata recall. Got notification last week that my car was recalled for passenger airbag possibly exploding. Called dealer. Dealer said they don't have parts. Haven't had parts "for months" and don't even know for sure if they'll get parts when Honda says they will in two months. Can explode at any time, even when not in crash. This is really unacceptable. So I'm not allowed to carry passengers until god knows when? you need to get on Honda and fine them until they make this right for everyone. Stalling and delaying on such serious repairs is not safe for anyone. It is ridiculous how long they are dragging this out when they knew the parts were defective almost from the beginning and continued to use them. They need to be held accountable.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jul 212016

- Foster City, CA, USA

Jun 182016

Takata recall

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jekyll Island, GA, USA

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jul 142016

Civic

Takata recall my car is covered under the recall, I was recently involved in a hit and run and my airbag sensors were tripped as well as my seatbelt's

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

May 232016

- El Cerritto, CA, USA

Sep 182015

Civic

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. While driving at various speeds, the contact rear ended another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic and repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Dallas, TX, USA