2010 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Civic

My car horn to honk is not working. I replaced the fuse and it won't work. This is very dangerous!! I can't warn cars that are about to crash into me that I'm there. I can't prevent accidents without honking. Some cars don't see me in there blind spots. I feel like if someone crashes into me Honda will be part at fault bc the horn doesn't work. I received a recall letter from Honda saying the air bags are being recalled. I think the horn situation should be investigated bc the horn and the airbag are located in the same place. My horn malfunction before but it had gotten fixed by itself.

- Downey, CA, USA

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V0346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Alamo, TX, USA

Jun 102010

Civic

There is a defect in the passenger side air bag

- Laguna Beach, CA, USA

Civic 4-cyl

2010 Honda Civic. Consumer requests name of vehicle airbags manufacturer. Consumer sent additional correspondence.

- Hackettstown, NJ, USA

May 312016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Civic

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Brighton, MI, USA

Civic

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V34600 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Civic

What may happen! a crash ! sally got a letter from Honda today. But they do not have the parts to fix the problem with the airbag. Can you tell me when I can take my car into dellaship in metairie, la. Sally brown

- Metairie, LA, USA

Civic

Takata recall. Got notification last week that my car was recalled for passenger airbag possibly exploding. Called dealer. Dealer said they don't have parts. Haven't had parts "for months" and don't even know for sure if they'll get parts when Honda says they will in two months. Can explode at any time, even when not in crash. This is really unacceptable. So I'm not allowed to carry passengers until god knows when? you need to get on Honda and fine them until they make this right for everyone. Stalling and delaying on such serious repairs is not safe for anyone. It is ridiculous how long they are dragging this out when they knew the parts were defective almost from the beginning and continued to use them. They need to be held accountable.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jul 212016

- Foster City, CA, USA

Jun 182016

Takata recall

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jul 222016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jekyll Island, GA, USA

Jul 222016

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jul 142016

Civic

Takata recall my car is covered under the recall, I was recently involved in a hit and run and my airbag sensors were tripped as well as my seatbelt's

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

May 232016

- El Cerritto, CA, USA

Sep 182015

Civic

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. While driving at various speeds, the contact rear ended another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic and repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Dallas, TX, USA

May 312015

Civic

I am a first time buyer so I didn't know much about buying a car. I recently bought a Honda Civic and the air bag light is flashing non stop, call Honda dealership and they told me that means something is wrong with my airbags. Also, it shows that all side airbags are off. Therefore, I didn't know that the dealership was required to show me the car fax of the car so I am not sure if this car has been in an accident or salvage. I call the dealership to see if they can check the air bag for me they stated to go in the next day, therefore I went in the next day the dealership already went out of business within that short of time being. Now, I am worry about my safety therefore I would like to know how I can seek any help or advice upon this issue.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 072014

Civic 4-cyl

My daughter was driving this vehicle, just departing from a red light in the middle of the intersection, a newer Tahoe slammed their brakes on suddenly, the Civic was completely under the Tahoe, the car (Civic) was totaled. Front bumper completely off the car. Although the car was a complete loss, as I came onto the scene I noticed the airbags did not deploy at all. I asked the police investigator why. He did not have an answer and thought it was very unusual. I then called the Honda corporation as well as the insurance company. They say "due to the low speed impact, they usually do not set off the sensors. What? the entire bumper where the sensors are located was ripped completely off, yet they say it was due to low speed impact. My daughter had major whip-lash, her chest was bruised very badly by the steering wheel and is still having pain in her top back. I am especially grateful my daughter was not hurt worse, but the reason I buy Honda is due to safety features as promised.

- Katy, TX, USA

Sep 132014

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. While driving at low speeds, the driver side air bag and ceiling air bag deployed unexpectedly. The contact suffered an injury to the face and the driver seat was fractured in half by a metal fragment. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 56,011...updated 10/07/14 remailed 11/19/14 updated 3/25/2015

- Reisterstown , MD, USA

Apr 302014

Civic

This is to add to NHTSA complaint #10595971. The youtube url address that I originally posted is incorrect. Here is the correct url address to view my vehicle"S defect: www.youtube.com/watch"V=xiyznf6igbe&sns=em this is another youtube video of a different 2010 Civic (not mine) who is having a similar problem with the water leak: www.youtube.com/watch?V=ehube9ydmm8&sns=em.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA