2010 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jul 152016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mansfield, TX, USA

Nov 172016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hollister, CA, USA

Jun 152016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Seffner, FL, USA

Jul 262016

Civic

Takata recall I received a notice in the mail at the end of July stating that I have a recall on my airbag and that it is unsafe to have someone in the passenger seat. I contacted my local Honda deal and put myself on the waiting list and was told it would take up to six weeks. I thought that was somewhat unreasonable since it's deemed unsafe to have anyone in the passenger seat until the repair is made. Six weeks came and went so I called my local Honda dealer and they told me that there was nothing they could do. It has now been three months. I understand they don't have the part, but it's completely unreasonable that this much time has gone by and it's not safe to have a passenger in the front seat.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jul 202016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Molalla, OR, USA

Jul 012016

Civic

Takata recall...all information from Honda suggested that this would be fixed later summer/early fall 2016. We have waited since summer to get this completed. We are unable to have any passengers in this for fear of injury to occupants. We refuse to wait any longer to have this vehicle we purchased sit idle and not risk the safety of our family.

- Novato, CA, USA

May 232016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- South Jordan, UT, USA

Jul 042016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Oct 072016

Civic

My wife got into an accident with our Honda Civic 2010 on Oct 7, 2016 rear ending another vehicle with speed of about 30 mph. Front area of the car is total smash with bumper also almost coming out. Why did the air bags did not deploy?

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

May 312016

Civic

Takata recall, how long does Honda expect us to wait for them to replace the airbags" is 3 months long enough or 6 months " its a great hardship not allowing a passenger to sit in the front seat

- El Paso, TX, USA

Oct 042016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). However, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was unavailable.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Jul 262016

Civic

Honda has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicles safefty exists in certain 2006 2011 model year vehicles the propellant wafers in some of the subject inflators may degrade over time, which could lead to over aggressive combustion in the event the air bag is activated. Overly aggressive combustion creates excessive internal pressure when the inflator is activated, which may cause the inflator body to rupture. In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the air bag cushion material possibly causing injury to vehicle occupant. This is important safety recall I take mi Honda at dealer direct auto plaza on 7/26/16 and never recive notice regarding fix the problem only they say you need to wait today is 9/27/16 is very important Honda automobile division take responsability for this defect

- Brawley, CA, USA

Jul 152016

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Mar 072016

Civic

Takata recall, for months I haven't been able to have anyone ride in the passenger seat. Due to a possible airbag malfunction. How do I get Honda to buy back my car since I can't use it as intended. Please advise

- Greenwood, IN, USA

Jun 012016

Civic

Takata recall: This is taking far to long to resolve as the Honda web site says after entering the VIN # that: Recall status: Recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available manufacturer notes: If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner, please contact the NHTSA vehicle safety hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or tty: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA. This recall data last refreshed: Aug 28, 2016 we received initial notice by mail: June 2016 we are not able to utilize the front seat and this limits the car to carrying 3/4 of its 4 passengers which is needed at least once a week.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Jul 242016

Civic

I received a recall latter on Friday July 22, 2016. I called America Honda for repair, but I was told no parts available at the moment and to call Honda dealer for service, on Monday July 24, 2016 I called Honda dealer for service on the recall airbag, but they told me no parts available at this moment. Also they told me not have a passenger in the car. Because if in an incident and the airbag deploy they're not responsible for any damaged or injuries. I have not used my 2010 Honda Civic since July 24, 2010 due to unsafe reason and danger for my family. I still owe for my 2010 Honda Civic and don't understand why America Honda doesn't hurry up and repair the defected airbags (takata recall). I use my 2010 Honda Civic to take my family to school, park, store, doctors appointments, dental appointments, and visit families, and not to mention my work. This repair delay causing me stress, problem getting to work and places'. my wife and I stop attending cerritos college due to takata recall, because it's unsafe and dangerous for my family to use the passenger seat. My family should not pay the price for any defected parts or malfunction safety equipment. On top of that, why should I pay my 2010 Honda Civic monthly payment if I'm not using the vehicle, due to Honda unsafe and dangerous safety equipment ( takata recall).

- Norwalk, CA, USA

Aug 192016

Civic

During long driving and vehicle in motion couple of times I have observed passenger air bag light going on and off. During driving on 8/19/2016 from Connecticut to Pennsylvania I have observed the issue and taken photo for evidence and attached herewith.

- Rocky Hill, CT, USA

Jul 222016

Civic 4-cyl

I received a letter in the mail from Honda that there is a recall on Honda Civics years 2006-2011. I researched the recall and it turns out its for the passenger's air bag. I reached out to the closest Honda dealer to me and they said they have to order the part because they didn't have it in store and they would get back to me. I gave them all my information and I reached out to them on July 22, 2016 and it now been over a month and I still have not received a call back from them. Therefore I'm filing this complaint. Please at your convenience reach back out to me. Thank you.

- Banning, CA, USA

Jul 082016

Civic

"takata recall" I received a letter on July from Honda saying that the air bags recall had been extended to include my car's passenger side air bag. They joyfully say that they will not have a replacement part until September or October, so they ask me in the meantime to avoid taking any passenger in my car. Are these guys high? if having this defective air bags is worse and more dangerous than not having one, what about have them (Honda) either deactivate or remove this faulty piece of equipment and let me use my car as I please and take all the passengers that I want without having them killed by their mistakes?

- Riverside, CA, USA