2010 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jan 142017

Civic

Takata recall manufacturer has failed to provide correct documentation on the remedy. The recall notice, updated on Jan 14, 2017, asserts that the remedy parts will become available in late summer/fall 2016, but the remedy is not yet available. Clearly this is false and must be corrected.

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 242016

Civic

Takata recall-on May 24, 2016, on an unusual hot and humid day on the lower Maryland shore, I watched my 17 year old daughter pull into a parking space - sidewalk in front of the space. I watched the car come to a stop and within seconds I watched the car jump onto the sidewalk. As I walked over to the car I saw that the airbags had deployed. The side, curtain airbags. I opened the car door, the car full of dust, my daughter crying and badly bruised and had to be taken to the hospital. She does not know what happened, nor do I. as a result of that incident, the car was totaled. The payoff did not cover the amount of the financing and my insurance company dropped our good driver rate, flagged my daughter and increased my insurance by $100 a month. At the time I called Honda and explained what happened, I gave them the VIN number but was told there was no recall and what was I looking for. Now eight months later the truth has come out.

- Bishopville, MD, USA

Jul 112016

Civic

Takata recall. I'm afraid to drive my car. Honda promised to make it safe again more than 6-months ago and they still have not. In the meantime I can't even drive my car without extreme anxiety about my air bags killing me or my wife.

- Bear Valley Springs, CA, USA

Jan 112017

Civic

There maybe metal objects in the airbags and can harm or kill me the driver or second person in the car.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 032017

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Kaelakekua, GU, USA

Dec 262016

Civic

I received a letter from Honda in July 2016, stating that my passenger airbags were being recalled and the parts would be ready in late summer/early fall 2016. The letter stated that I should not allow anyone to sit in my passenger seat until the airbags were replaced as shrapnel could be dislodged in an accident. Ithe is now the end of December 2016 and I have still not heard back from Honda with a solution. I also don't feel that it is ethical to assume that should shrapnel fly from my airbags during an accident, no one else in the car not sitting in the passenger seat will be affected.

- Burbank, CA, USA

Jul 222016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 232016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator was randomly flashing and then remained illuminated. The failure mileage was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jan 012016

Civic

Takata recall I received a warning not to have a passenger sit in the front seat, but what about me, the driver? I have been driving in constant fear of getting hit by another car, causing the driver side air bag to inflate, and possibly dying or getting severely injured. I live in Hawaii with high humidity. It is almost the end of 2016 and I still have not received notice of bringing my car in.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jun 132016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Tybee Island, GA, USA

Jul 152016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mansfield, TX, USA

Nov 172016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hollister, CA, USA

Jun 152016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Seffner, FL, USA

Jul 262016

Civic

Takata recall I received a notice in the mail at the end of July stating that I have a recall on my airbag and that it is unsafe to have someone in the passenger seat. I contacted my local Honda deal and put myself on the waiting list and was told it would take up to six weeks. I thought that was somewhat unreasonable since it's deemed unsafe to have anyone in the passenger seat until the repair is made. Six weeks came and went so I called my local Honda dealer and they told me that there was nothing they could do. It has now been three months. I understand they don't have the part, but it's completely unreasonable that this much time has gone by and it's not safe to have a passenger in the front seat.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jul 202016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 01/04/17

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Molalla, OR, USA

Jul 012016

Civic

Takata recall...all information from Honda suggested that this would be fixed later summer/early fall 2016. We have waited since summer to get this completed. We are unable to have any passengers in this for fear of injury to occupants. We refuse to wait any longer to have this vehicle we purchased sit idle and not risk the safety of our family.

- Novato, CA, USA

May 232016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- South Jordan, UT, USA

Jul 042016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Oct 072016

Civic

My wife got into an accident with our Honda Civic 2010 on Oct 7, 2016 rear ending another vehicle with speed of about 30 mph. Front area of the car is total smash with bumper also almost coming out. Why did the air bags did not deploy?

- Elk Grove, CA, USA