2012 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Civic:

2012 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 142012

We had the Honda Civic almost 6 months, all the driving like 99% has been fwy driving-anyway, happened to be in la for an appt and had a good 40 ft between me and the car infront of me.. car infront applied brake so did I, I just kept going- brake went to floor.. I was totally stunned.- happened so fast, I had no other option but to hit car infront.. it kind of felt like sliding- it was a sunny day, dry outside, nothing to slide on but that is the only way to describe nothing to stop me but the other car.. if I went left to avoid car, I would ve been hit by oncoming traffic so stunned the brakes were not I rear ended the car that stopped us.. she had a Laredo Cherokee- after the impact we wondered why the air bags didn't come out, it was pretty direct.. I can only guess that her car was higher so the sensors didn't go off"? car is at body shop for last two weeks.. I told our insurance, I told the body shop, I told the hubby and everyone else that asked that I pushed the brake in and not a damn thing happened.. I talked to the service guys at the Honda that it has seen for regular maintenance going by computer menu thingy.. I ve been early or on time getting it serviced.. they said "the brakes are suppose to work that way" really" I'd be devastated if there was an animal, a person, infront of me I would have hit them and gone over them.. I ve never ever had a car respond that way.. after the hit, I moved to the side.. automatically used E brake. I then drove it a mile further at a crawl to a parking garage to make calls.. I drove at a snails pace.. you could've walked next to us.. 2 hrs later, I drove it two more miles at the same speed to body shop.. I have asked them to look at it.. they haven't yet.. the car is in pieces as they fix but they promised too. The guy was surprised we weren't injured.. I don't want to drive it again..

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 272012

Civic 4-cyl

My wife came to a stop at our security gate, used the remote for the gate but it wouldn't open. She backed up about 15 feet to turn around. When she put the car in drive, it lurched forward back towards the gate and wouldn't stop when she applied the brakes. It didn't speed up and it wouldn't stop. The car was making a grinding noise as it moved along. She was jamming on the brakes and it still went right through the closed gate, pushing it open as it went. It kept going for another 40-50 feet until she thought to pull on the emergency brake. The car stopped. She turned the car off and got out, badly shaken but not injured. After calming down, she got back in the car to see if it would start. It did. She drove it two more blocks to our house. She hasn't driven it since. She's terrified it will happen again.

- Indialantic, FL, USA

Jul 032012

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Civic. The contact stated she heard a grinding noise while braking. The contact took the vehicle into the dealer for an inspection and was informed that the brake pads needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact then attempted to forcefully apply the brakes and the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 17,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Victorville, CA, USA