2003 Honda Element body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Element:

2003 Honda Element Owner Comments

Jan 162014

Element 4-cyl

I was traveling North on nc hwy 12 on my way to work, alone, and I rear ended another vehicle traveling between 35-40 mph, when I glanced down to scratch my leg and when I glanced back down, the car in front of me was at a dead stop and I rear ended it. My passenger airbag deployed, however I had no passenger with me, my drivers side airbag failed. Luckily I was wearing my seatbelt and only received minor injuries.

- Frisco, NC, USA

Jun 042013

Drivers side door would not open with key. Had to use passenger's side. Since that time, all of the door keys (including back) have become difficult to open. Have to move key up and down to get it to slide in. Now the ignition is also becoming problematic.

- Durango, CO, USA

Nov 282010

The contact owns a 2003 Honda Element. While parked, the contact inserted the key into the front driver's side door to unlock the door but the key would not turn. The contact unlocked the front passenger side door and entered the vehicle. After some time, the front passenger side door failed to unlock intermittently. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000.

- Allyn, WA, USA

Jan 012005

The consumer has had consistent problems with the vehicle's factory installed horn and alarm. The dealer was unable to remedy the communication system. Other problems were; the bumper cover would pop out intermittently, the right side corner piece was loose, the horn sound was abnormal and anti-freeze was leaking.

- Cerritos, CA, USA