2.0

2003 Honda Element lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Element:

2003 Honda Element Owner Comments

May 012012

Element 4-cyl

The dashboard light of the Honda Element goes dark intermittently. At the beginning I thought this was an isolated event - but found hundreds of complaints about the same issue on internet forums. I have taken my car to the dealership and the problem is so inconsistent that they are unable to diagnose it. From reading the complaint of the other Element owners it seems that the problem is with the electrical wiring system of the Elements. I request the NHTSA to perform a detailed investigation into this -as this poses a serious risk with the instruments cluster failing randomly.

- Potomac, MD, USA

Jan 252013

Element 4-cyl

Head lights went out while driving. This also happened on 9/23/2011. Bulbs are ok. Dealer said it was an electrical problem. Honda said it's not a recall. Many people report same problem on web. Also CRV has this problem.

- Mansfield, OH, USA

Feb 022012

Element 4-cyl

I have the same problem with the headlamp low beam that is described in the newest recall announced by Honda. I believe that the same component in my vehicle is in the CRV and other models. How does this issue get addressed.

- Potomac Falls, VA, USA