2005 Honda Element body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Element:

2005 Honda Element Owner Comments

Dec 152012

Element 4-cyl

I was driving around 12:15 in am, a vehicle from right came out of street and I could not avoid hitting the car. My Honda hit the car, described as a T bone hit. I had no passengers, and was wearing seat belt. My passenger side front air bag activated, my driver side air bag did not activate. My Honda car had severe damage on the left driver side, less on the right side. My head light was gone from the left side and right side was intact. My car was totaled as a loss by insurance company. The sensor located on my driver side did not react to deploy the air bag. The frame bar was bent and damage right next to the sensor. I received neck bruises, swelling and neck pain. My knee was cut and swollen. There are significant breaks in the plastic on both sides of the interior steering column, proving the intense of the force of the hit. The car was towed to an independent repair shop. My questions were not answered by Honda as to why my driver side air bag did not employ. I spoke to Honda customer service, with no satisfactory results. Thank you, with much appreciation.

- Bells , TN, USA