4.0

2005 Honda Element seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Element:

2005 Honda Element Owner Comments

Sep 052016

Element

Takata recall hello, after taking my vehicle for the takata recall for the third time on 9/3. the SRS sensor light came on and it is still on. Honda refuses to take a look at the vehicle without charging me first. My main concern is how do I know if the airbags are fully functional after Honda fixed the recall and now the SRS light is on. Honda also refuses to test the vehicle to make sure airbags and seat belts are fully functional.

- Dania Beach, FL, USA

Mar 132013

Element 4-cyl

Driver seat belt buckle switch for SRS air bag system shuts off SRS system - red warning light comes on. This has happened several times after resetting, system may work okay for several weeks. Repair shop says common problem seen may times. Cost to fix $350+.

- Monticello, NY, USA

Jun 202006

Element

Started with pass. Air bag light & pass. Seatbelt beeper & light. Have had it repaired 4 times but pass. Beeper & light has not been fixed. Spoke with Honda America in ca regional mgr morris said it doesn't exist in the 2005 Honda Element the manual is a misprint. This is a safety issue which Honda does not want to correct. It had worked before so my wife & I spoke to people with 1996 to 2008 Honda Elements and they all have a seatbelt light & beeper for the passenger front seat. Could you please help with this safety issue that has been going on for four long years. I believe Honda America is trying to deceive us. I even asked morris to put it in writing that it is a misprint in the manual but he said he could not do that. I also told him that I had spoken to other 2005 Element owners who stated their passenger seatbelts have a light & beeper but still insists that my car does not.

- Shohola, PA, USA