2006 Honda Element body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Element:

2006 Honda Element Owner Comments

Dec 272013

Element 4-cyl

I hit a deer last December and the only reason the insurance company did not total it was because the air bags did not deploy. There was just about $10,000 worth of damage to my car. After waiting a month and a half, traveling 18 hours & spending an extra $200 for travel to go get my car I finally got it back. Also, my car does not idle like it should. It will also go dead when I come to a stop. It doesn't happen all the time but it will happen in the middle of traffic and I will be stuck there for a few minutes.

- Chico, CA, USA

Sep 012013

Element

I was driving approximately 25 mph vehicle in front suddenly stopped I rear ended vehicle causing damage to front bumper, hood and driver side panel, there was no injuries thank god driver air bags did not deploy also passenger on rear side seat belt snapped this was my second fender bender in three years where front air bags did not deploy, this is a major concern because my family's safety is my priority and Honda should look into this seriously before major injuries or deaths occurs.

- New York,, NY, USA

Nov 062006

Element 4WD 4-cyl

Vehicle sustained multiple dents throughout the roof and hood from "simple" acorns falling from a tree. Damage is unacceptable and was basically told by Honda motor Corp. That I "shouldn't" park under trees that damage my car. The car parked next to mine sustained "no" damage. No other cars seem to sustain this kind of damage. Absolutely unacceptable structural "intolerance" on this vehicle. My seven previous cars never sustained "any" damage from acorns. I would never have purchased this vehicle, had I known it had such thin metal on its exterior. I was left high & dry by Honda case management as well as by Honda of danbury service department. I am very disappointed with how they were unwilling to help me with my situation.

- New Milford, CT, USA