2007 Honda Element engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Element:

2007 Honda Element Owner Comments

Sep 112015

While driving on the interstate the speedometer needle, and the tachometer needle fell off of their gauges. In addition the gas gauge now no longer properly registers the amount of fuel in the tank so I am left to estimate. All three pose a safety risk to me as a driver increasing the possibility of my speeding inadvertently, running out of gas in isolated locations, or driving the car at high RPM. All 3 items occurred with no other unusual incident in the car, no bump, no accident or any other event that one would expect is required to dislodge a needle from its gauge.

- Forest Park, IL, USA

Jan 072015

Element 4-cyl

I was driving down a gravel road and the gauge needles on both the speedometer and tachometer fell off. We were using the vehicle in accordance with how it was designed to be used. We were forced to finish our trip without knowing our speed or rpms (a major safety hazard). The Honda dealer says the entire instrument cluster must be replaced in order for the gauges to display accurate information again. This is obviously a major design flaw by Honda which has serious safety concerns.

- Hilo, HI, USA

Jul 012014

Element 4-cyl

I was driving my Element down a back road in indianapolis when after hitting a pothole I noticed 4 bright lights shining directly at me. All the needles in my dash fell right out and are currently nestled in plain view behind the clear plastic face.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 012012

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Element. The contact stated that the vehicle jerked and lunged forward after the brake pedal was applied. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic performed. The manufacturer was not made of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000 and the current mileage was 88,708.

- Ramer , AL, USA