2008 Honda Element brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Element:

2008 Honda Element Owner Comments

Nov 142015

Recently became second owner of vehicle. Noticed it had a soft brake pedal. Recall performed by first owners dealer, but, the problem still exists.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 132015

Element 4-cyl

My cars brake pedal had been soft for some time. Yet no problem with the brakes or with the vsa. I started my car on Saturday morning (6/13/2015) and the vsa, ABS and triangle exclamation light came on and would not go out. The vehicle was checked on the 30th of April 2010 and no change was made to the vsa since no problem was reported. I am disabled and do not use the vehicle that often. It is well maintained and in excellent running order. I took the car to my regular mechanic and he tested the car quickly and told me to take to the dealer for recall repair. It is doing exactly what service bulletin 10-017 was reporting. I called Honda of America on the 17th of June 2015 to speak with them and they told me to take it to the dealer. I have a case number from them....updated 07/22/15

- Rutland, MA, USA