2010 Honda Element seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Element:

2010 Honda Element Owner Comments

Apr 272015

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Element. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Asheville , NC, USA

May 112015

Honda has been non responsive to NHTSA recall 14V-351. After receiving the recall notice which said the defect could kill or injure me I called the dealership to schedule the replacement of the airbag. Honda refused to schedule an appointment because the parts were back ordered. Since then they have never called or contacted me. Each week I call and they repeat the back order scenario and refuse to make an appointment for the recall. I have tried to contact Honda customer service. I have not been able to get through. I hang up after holding in excess of 30 minutes. It appears that they are delaying the recall. The dealer involved is dublin Honda, dublin, California.

- Danville, CA, USA

Oct 202014

At this time my car has a recall on its airbag. Recently I received a letter to call my local Honda dealer. In calling I was told that the car could not be fixed till December 10th and to call the day before to make sure the part was even available. This is unacceptable as it effects the safety of my entire family. I wish to know what can be done to rectify this matter.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Jun 012014

Element 4-cyl

Crash pushed car off the road. Airbags deployed but did not inflate. Airbags had crude cut out circles at the end of wires. Did someone cut out the bag inflators?..updated 06/25/14 updated 06/30/2014 updated 12/30/15

- Boston, MA, USA