2009 Honda Fit seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Fit:

2009 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Sep 092016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Manhasset, NY, USA

Jul 012016

Fit

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Jun 012016

Fit

"takata recall" recieved Honda/NHTSA recall notice spring 2016, went to dealer where it purchased new ( 125 mi from our home, krenzen duluth, mn) in April to make appointment, they could not, had to order parts. Returned to dealer June 1 and they ordered parts that date saying it would be fixed in summer. Left auto at dealer late July. Still no word, info or fix of problem as of September 8" need auto early October as we tow it to AZ in winter and not back to home in northern mn. Until May 2017. Help, what to do? we do not have a stable address in winter in AZ and can not stay in mn as our residence is seasonal and no winterized utilities. Should we get the Honda back unfixed and drive it for 6 more months and start process over again inspiring 2017? we ar not supposed drive it according to the recall " steven dentinger

- Marcell, MN, USA

May 232016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V061000 (air bags) and 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jun 162016

Fit

Takata recall I have contacted with authorized Honda dealer regarding two recalls, takata driver airbag inflator and passenger airbag inflator. It has been waiting for the airbag parts more than 80 days, and the dealer said the parts are currently still not available and cannot tell me the status or any more information when it will be available. It's very frustrating.

- Alhambra, CA, USA

Sep 072016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Durham, NC, USA

Jul 052016

Fit

"takata recall" I made an appointment on July 2, 2016 at my local Honda dealership, vandergriff Honda, arlington tx and was told they had the airbags in stock. I took my car in on my appointment July 5, 2016 and received a call that day that the airbags were not in stock. I was told they would have to order them and it would take 6 weeks. I called back August 17, 2016 and was told they were still not in, they were coming in sporadically. I called again today, September 6, 2016 and still no answer as to when I can get my airbags replaced. It is well over the 60 days reasonable period of time that I have had to wait. I am tired of feeling stressed every time I drive my car with these defective airbags.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Mar 012016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Sep 012016

Fit

2009 Honda Fit. Consumer writes in regards to faulty inflator replacement part not available to repair recall.

- Bristol, TN, USA

Mar 312016

Fit

Driver's side airbag recall: I received a driver's side airbag recall in March 2016. I've contacted my local Honda dealer, scott robinson in torrance, ca at least 8 times beginning in March 2016 and most recently in August 2016. The first few months scott robinson said parts weren't available and they couldn't provide alternative transportation. Finally in August they said they could order the parts and it would take 4-6 weeks for the part to come in, but they reiterated that they can't provide alternative transportation. On August 22, 2016 I called american Honda and requested alternative transportation. Throughout the week of August 22 - 25 (mon - thurs) I called american Honda a total of 4 times as they asked me to call my local dealers (which I two different ones) to try to get alternative transportation and to call them back to escalate my case because of my upcoming trips with my pregnant wife in my car. American Honda said they would open a case and get back to me to provide alternative transportation by 8/29/2016. American Honda also told me a manager would call me back on 8/25/16 or 8/26/16 at the latest but I never received any calls as of 9/5/2016 (and no missed calls). American Honda continues to give me the run-around for a case I initiated in March 2016. They have had awareness that I am driving with a life-threatening defect and are not taking any action, which is criminal.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Aug 312016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Mar 012016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/07/16

- Ellicott City, MD, USA

Jul 012016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Saint Cloud, FL, USA

Aug 252016

Fit

Six (6) months of waiting to have driver & passenger airbags replaced airbags ordered in my name. Contacted american Honda motor Inc to file complaint/case #04866759. Was told Honda cannot assist me. Must use my Honda dealer. Honda dealer says they have no idea when to expect parts as of 8/25/2016.

- Lahaina, HI, USA

Jul 042016

Fit

Takata recall - I received two notices of the recall since March. When I spoke with a representative from american Honda motor co in early July 2016, they said pacific Honda in honolulu (current residence) should have parts available. I called pacific Honda only to be put on a waiting list. It is now, August 25th, and still no word or call back to say if my 2009 Honda Fit will be ready for service. We are moving to los angeles on Monday, Aug 29th and I would like to have it serviced at the nearest dealership asap. I am outraged as to how poorly this dangerous recall situation has been handled. Pacific Honda is considered in the hah zones and all customers should have received better notification as to when the parts were ready for service. I expected Honda to call me before our move regardless of how many people are on the "waiting list." I have a diabetic toddler who rides in the back seat. This cannot prolong any further than it already has.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Aug 242016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/13/16

- Albany, NY, USA

Jun 012016

Fit

Takata recall parts are on national backorder and they are no longer compensating owners with rentals or otherwise. Dealer has no idea when it will be fixed, and I have to rely on someone else to drive me around. And, I don't like my vehicle not being used for a long period of time. This is their error and they need to continue to take care of those affected.

- Concord, NC, USA

Mar 102016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA

Aug 152016

Fit

Takata recall. Got notification - rec'd 3/29/16. On my 2009 Honda Fit. Constant contact with Honda dealership and Honda Corp. "parts not available yet". today - I find I can get a "loaner" according to Honda Corp. Call dealership - have to come sign paperwork and go to enterprise for loaner. Enterprise tells me that I need a $200 deposit - refundable when I bring car back - and proof of income. Also have to find out from Honda what they will pay for weekly rental - I only asked for economy car. They give me $$ amount - now I have to find out from Honda dealership if they will pay $35 per day. Honda Corp says paying this amount is up to dealership. I've never had an accident / even a ticket and 66 yrs. Young. Why do I have to put up with all these phone calls - 1/2 the time the dealership won't even return my phone calls! paying my "loaner fee" seems a whole lot cheaper - than god forbid I had been in an accident.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Apr 042016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available.

- Ogden, UT, USA