2. replace transmission (2 reports)
2001 Hyundai Elantra transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Hyundai Elantra:

2001 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jun 012009

Elantra GLS 2.0L

The most beautiful site I have ever seen, it can give me a brief on cars which i will never think about buying them.

- , Amman, Capital, Jordan

Aug 022011

Elantra 4 cyl

62,000 miles and I should buy another problem from them???? The car always slipped in reverse only. Yes it is my fault for not taking it in to them during the warranty period. Now that the transmission warranty is over, the transmission died. That is lovely, my car in mint condition worth 4 thousand dollars and 2,600 to fix the transmission. Wish me luck with what ever we do for our next CAR.

- , Bensalem, PA, USA

Oct 062003

I have just recently put a 3rd transmission in this car. I have had nothing but problems with the transmission since I pretty much bought this car. I the transmission slipped for years until it finally went completely in May of this year (2010) The car always had difficulty reversing, but the reverse finally went. After I got my transmission replaced, not even 3 weeks after it began slipping again. This time the gears were sticking and the RPM's were going crazy. So, thanks to the warranty from that transmission, I has not even been 3 months and my transmission is on the out again!!!! If you are reading this and you are thinking about buy ANY Hyundai......DON'T!!!!!!

- , Barrie, ON, Canada

Sep 032007

Elantra New Elantra 2.0L

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppp pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!/

My transmission is slipping

- , Bucaramanga, Santander, Colombia

Aug 132003

Elantra LX

Transmission slips, engine revs between gears 2 and 3. If the factory/dealer doesn't address the problem now, I'm going to have to eat the cost of a transmission rebuild after the warranty expires.

- , Mandan, ND, USA