2002 Hyundai Elantra suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Hyundai Elantra:

2002 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jan 012003

Elantra 4-cyl

A couple months after I bought the car I began to hear a very annoying "howl" coming from the front left corner of the car. Soon after the car would vibrate after accelerating to a certain point. I finally couldn't stand driving the car because of the noise so I had it towed back to the dealer. They checked and said that something was wrong with the bearings in the front left tire. For a while, it was fine but now it's starting to do the same thing again a year later in the same location it seems like. I only have 38,000 miles on this car. I don't think it should have recurring problems like this. Also, recently I've noticed that it is jumping into gears rather than making a smooth transition like it used to.

- Browns Mills, NJ, USA