2003 Hyundai Elantra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hyundai Elantra:

2003 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Sep 012014

Elantra

My daughter was driving home from school and the strut/axle broke and caused her to skid off the rode, luckily she was not injured and was able to come to a stop in an empty lot. The tire was ruined and the fender was also damaged. We were able to get this fixed at the repair shop, for just under $500, however now the vehicle will not pass inspection due to the subframe being deteriorated. Upon researching the cost to replace this, I found that the vehicle has had several recalls, and wow both of these were on the list. My concern is that the vehicle is 2003 and we are not the original owners. I am concerned now that the other recalls may also affect their vehicle. The safety of my daughter and grandson is top priority. What can you help me with. Can we still use the recall to have the vehicle repaired?

- Bloomsburg, PA, USA

Jun 022014

Elantra 4-cyl

I had a low speed accident approximately 10-20mph in a parking lot where I hit a cement surrounding of a pole on the driver side and the airbag deployed on the passengers side causing significant damage to the windshield, busted the dash vents, locked my drivers seatbelt and shattered windshield glass all over the car.

- Stanardsville, VA, USA

Jun 012005

Elantra

The car continues to make whistling sound when travel at sppeds in excess of 50 mph. The noise is distracting

- Auburn, NY, USA

Dec 152003

Elantra 4-cyl

Clear coat on trunk and hood cracking.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Oct 222003

Elantra 4-cyl

Recently I had taken an interstate trip. There is a loud noise coming from somewhere at the front of the vehicle at higher speeds of 60-75 mph, which sounds like this noise is in the wheels" the front grill" happens on both front sides of the vehicle.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Apr 012003

Elantra 4-cyl

When traveling on highway at speeds of 65 mph or greater there is a very loud humming type noise at the corners of the windshield. I noticed it is greatly enhanced when there is a strong headwind.

- Champlin, MN, USA

Dec 012002

Elantra 4-cyl

While driving from 45 mph or greater with a cross wind across the car (left to right) the car will howl or whistle. The sound is so loud that it drowns out the radio and the road noise. Opening the window seems to stop the sound but you can't drive for 8 hours with the windows down in the rain or heat. I have tried the dealers suggestion of using tape on the vents to quiet the noise but to no solution.

- Bossier City, LA, USA