2003 Hyundai Elantra exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hyundai Elantra:

2003 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Aug 122005

Elantra 4-cyl

Ever since I have bought the 2003 Hyundai Elantra new 2 years ago, I had nothing but problems. I have had serious exhaust problems, and have been to the dealer several times about this. I have been really sick, breathing in the fumes from the car. My carbon monoxide level is high, and I have been having trouble breathing for a long time now. The dealer refuses to see a problem with the car. I have had people drive in my car, and smell this exhaust. The exhaust smells like a skunk, and backs up through the front inside vents, it smells behind the car, and I cannot open the windows, because the smell is so strong it comes through the windows when opened to. The dealer keeps saying they don't smell anything. This is a very serious matter, and it amazes me that people care about money, instead of someone's health and safety.

- Utica, NY, USA