2004 Hyundai Elantra lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai Elantra:

2004 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Dec 232004

Elantra 4-cyl

I purchased a 2004 Hyundai Elantra in September 2004. I have had little trouble with the vehicle. I drive to work at 4:30 am. One morning, I took a different route. There were barrier poles planted in the road. I did not see them until the very last minute. I swerved to avoid them. At the toll plaza, the police pulled me to the side and told me my lights were off. The switch was on, but there were no headlights. Since then, a number of drivers signaled to me that my lights were off. I was again stopped by the police and told my lights were off. My light switch was in the on position. I took the car to the dealer for service and they replaced the alternator. I still do not feel the low beam lights are bright enough. Any help you could offer would be appreciated. Thank you dianne C. burger.

- Ridgewood, NY, USA