2005 Hyundai Elantra exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai Elantra:

2005 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Dec 102009

On 12/10/2009 I had taken my auto in for service at the local Hyundai dealer. I told them we were having a problem with a funny smell coming out of the dash when the car is started and it continues (the odor) while the vehicle is running. The odor is not there while vehicle is not started or running" they performed the New York state safety and emissions inspection and the vehicle passed.they then went on to explain that the odor that is coming out of the vent is a normal condition from converter and fuel winter blend ? I have owned this vehicle since day one and have never had this problem before? this is my fifth winter. I also have 2 other vehicles and we buy our gas at the same station and I am not having this problem with either one. I was told there is a service bulletin on this issue" but when I asked for a copy I was told he couldn't find it, and when I went online I couldn't either. I don't know if you can help with this issue or not but if there is anything you can do or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it because as far as the dealer is concerned this is normal and I don't see what's normal about it.thank you for your time.

- West Seneca, NY, USA