2.5

2005 Hyundai Elantra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai Elantra:

2005 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Oct 202015

Elantra

I bought a new cabin air filter to replace the old cabin air filter for 2005 Hyundai Elantra. When I opened the compartment, to my shock, there isn't an air filter found.....updated 12/02/15

- Normal, IL, USA

Nov 132010

Elantra

I was 1 mile from my home at a red light when my 2005 Elantra accelerated without the gas pedal being touched. I first tried the brakes which did not stop the vehicle from accelerating. I turned the car around and had to ride the brakes until I could get the vehicle home. I put the vehicle in a variety of positions, for example drive, park, and neutral the engine still raced. The vehicle smelled of a burning smell. The vehicle had to be towed to the shop.

- Phoenixville, PA, USA