2007 Hyundai Elantra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Elantra:

2007 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Apr 162016

Elantra

Airbag recall check- to see if there has been a recall.

- Green Valley, AZ, USA

Feb 112016

Elantra

My wife hit a gard rail at 65 mph in the front and broke the bumper in half and mess the hole front end up and the air bags never went off. So I was w ordering why we never receive a recall about the air bag system. Lucky she didn't get hurt to bad but I'm just concerns are why didn't they go off

- Bristol, TN, USA

Jan 312016

Elantra

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. While at a red light awaiting to make a left turn, the contact's vehicle was struck head on by a drunk driver. The frontal air bags failed to deploy. The contact had to be transported to the hospital by ambulance. The contact sustained a herniated disc, shoulder, and neck bruises. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was towed to an impound lot. No determination was made by the insurance company. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 101,000.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 052016

Elantra 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. While driving 60 mph after receiving a recall repair, the driver side air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 178,000. Updated 05/03/16

- Lancaster, OH, USA

Apr 052015

Elantra

My check engine light has come on & has been on since Sunday. I got online where it told me that there has been recalls on this car over the airbags malfunctioning. I done the VIN search & it told me that the recall is incomplete on my car what do I need to do to get this fixed?? I am pregnant & getting ready to have my baby & don't want to be going down the road & maybe have an accident due to this issue.

- Chilhowie, VA, USA

Jan 122015

Elantra 4-cyl

The air bag light came on in my 2007 Hyundai Elantra. When I took it to the dealership, they said that there was some kind of electrical failure in the driver's side buckle assembly. I have heard of similar issues in 2006-2008 sonatas. I am concerned that this may be a factory defect.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 012014

Elantra 4-cyl

My airbag lights came on and I took it to the dealer. It took them over two hours to find the problem: The entire floor harness is corroded from some sort of "meltdown" and needs to be replaced. Cost = $4800. I feel this is a major design flaw in the vehicle and Hyundai should replace the floor harness as a goodwill warranty issue. There is no way a 6 year old car with only 35,000 miles on it should be experiencing this kind of problem! this is a major safety issue as right now I am forced to drive the vehicle with air bags non-functional.

- Co Springs, CO, USA

Jul 012014

Elantra 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that the air bag indicator remained illuminated in the vehicle. The dealer stated that the entire electrical harness was corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000. Updated 08/14/14 hyunadai fixed the vehicle, free of charge. Updated 09/16/14

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Nov 142013

Elantra 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that the air bag light indicator illuminated on the instrument panel. The manufacturer was contacted. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The failure mileage was 76,000 and the current mileage was 79,000...updated 08/11/14 the dealer informed the consumer, the seat belt sensor needed to be replaced. Updated 8-26-14

- Eldersburg, MD, USA

Nov 122013

Elantra

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. While the vehicle was parked the contact noticed the air bag warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the technicians stated the seat belt buckle on the front driver side had to be replaced. The contact was also informed that there were two recall repairs under NHTSA campaign id number: 11V143000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control module) and NHTSA campaign id number: 11V179000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control module) that were associated with the VIN that had to be performed. The recall repairs were performed, however, the dealer refused to replace the buckle, stated it was not covered under the platinum 100,000 mile warranty and stated the contact would have to pay $700 to have it replaced. Mileage of failure 70,110.

- Ft Wright, KY, USA

Aug 212013

Elantra 4-cyl

My 2007 Hyundai Elantra was supposedly previously a part of Hyundai recall number 092 for brake light switch failure. According to Hyundai customer service this problem was repaired on March 09, 2010. I understand now there is a new recall out there for the same issue. I did not receive any notification of this recall that was issued in April of 2013. So I am assuming that according to Hyundai my vehicle is not a part of this recall. This will be verified with another phone call to Hyundai customer service.. my brake light switch has failed again and I am without brake lights. I find it hard to believe that something as critical and safety oriented as a switch that controls the brake light function of your vehicle could fail twice within a 6 year period. Unless both parts are defective. In fact in my past ownership of many vehicles and also of the vehicles of friends and family members I have never heard of this switch failing once let alone twice! Hyundai is telling me that since the recall was already performed on this car in 2010 (before I purchased the car) that they are not liable for this repair or recall. The campaign id# for the latest recall is 13V113000. It was issued by Hyundai-Kia America technical center Inc. How am I to be sure that when the car was repaired (if it was repaired properly or at all) in 2010 it was not repaired with the part from the current recall? the vehicle has yet to be repaired and I will be in contact with Hyundai customer service once again. In researching this issue I also learned of problems with the air bag warning light illuminating on the dashboard. Also with the sun visors cracking at their plastic connecting point. Causing the sun visor to fall off and the wiring to be exposed. I have also recently experienced both of these issues.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Jun 242013

Elantra 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver side seat belt sensor needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 6,341.

- North Arlington , NJ, USA

Jan 132012

Elantra

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that a vehicle crashed into the driver side of the vehicle while attempting a left turn. The driver and side curtain air bags did not deploy. The contact received injuries to the lower back. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure and the current mileage was 47,483.

- Duxbury , MA, USA

Jan 172012

Elantra 4-cyl

I was broadsided with major damage beginning at the front door continuing to the back door and the rear quarter panel. The pillar between the front and back door and the rear pillar were both significantly bowed. The SUV that hit me was probably going about 25 mph. No air bags deployed. The vehicle is equipped with front and side curtain airbags.

- North Lauderdale, FL, USA

Sep 012010

Elantra

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. While the vehicle was parked the contact noticed the air bag warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the technicians stated the seat belt buckle on the front passenger side had to be replaced. The contact was also informed that there were two recall repairs under NHTSA campaign id number: 11V143000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control module) and NHTSA campaign id number: 11V179000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control module) that were associated with the VIN that had to be performed. The recall repairs were performed and the front passenger side buckle was replaced; however, the air bag light illuminated after the vehicle was repaired. The vehicle was not taken back to the dealer for additional diagnostic testing. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Sep 132011

Elantra

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where repairs were performed under NHTSA campaign id number: 11V143000 (air bags: Frontal: Sensor/control module). The following day, the warning light was illuminated again. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer who advised that the recall issue was repaired but the current failure was not included in the recall. The dealer stated that the air bag sensor in the seat belt buckle would need replacing. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Sep 152011

Elantra

Went to dealership to get all 3 recalls on car fixed. Air bag light was fixed. As soon as I drove off the lot the air bag light came back on. I went back to the dealership who explained that the air bag would not work unless I pay $300 plus dollars to get a sensor in my seat belt fix. Stating that the air bag issue was not apart of the recall. After reading similar post online, I found that other owners are experiencing the same issues.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 012011

Elantra

The contact owns 2007 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated after receiving NHTSA campaign number 11V143000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control module) she was unable to schedule an appointment to have the vehicle repaired. The contact called the dealer twice and after driving to the dealer she was unable to schedule an appointment. The contact called the manufacturer regarding scheduling an appointment and was unsuccessful. The contact stated the recall could cause the air bag to deploy. The failure mileage was 14,000.

- New York, NY, USA

May 022011

Elantra

Today, I received air bag connected recall campaign service at local Hyundai service dealer repair place. But the air bag signal is still illuminating. I worry about it. I believe that I must not see that signal after getting the recall service. Help me, please

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Sep 232008

Elantra

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. While starting the vehicle the air bag light came on and stayed on. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who replaced the defective air bag sensor. The first air bag failure occurred in September 2008, since that time the failure had occurred three additional times. The air bag sensor was replaced three times and the last failure that occurred the dealer replaced the air bag control module. The front tires were replaced four times due to the suspension which included a front end alignment. She was also informed by the dealer on November 19, 2010 that the rear camper was out of specification and that the front sway bar links were replaced twice. The vehicle had not been repaired for the rear camper specification. The failure mileage was 13,000 and the current mileage was 68,000.

- Milford, PA, USA