2007 Hyundai Elantra suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Elantra:

2007 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jul 272015

Elantra

In February of 2015 my son was driving my car the Elantra when the steering locked up..my husband had to reset the computer then it worked other than the key sometimes getting stuck in the ignition when you where in park and the car was off.then in April of 2015 Hyundai sent us a recall notice for a defect in the steering so I had it repaired.when I got my car back the steering did not lock up anymore and it seemed to steer very easy the key would still get stuck sometimes.well onjuly 27 2015 I was driving around a roundabout in the inside lane when I lost control of the steering and it skidded to a stop in the outside lane when I got out to look at my tire I noticed that my rack and pinion had snapped clean in half.my car has less than 98000 miles on it and I did not hit anything.when I came home I did some research and found that the 2008 Elantras were recalled for this exact problem.upon speaking with Hyundai they said there is no connection between the to but an independent mechanic has said otherwise.so if you could look into this it would be greatly appreciated so no one gets hurt.

- Saint George, UT, USA

Jun 212015

Elantra

2007 Hyundai Elantra. Consumer writes in regards to steering wheel vibration issues. The consumer stated as he was driving, he heard a noise and then the steering wheel started vibrating. The consumer stated he pulled over, turned the vehicle off and removed the owners manual from the glove compartment. The consumer stated no where in the owners manual was there a section relating to struts, springs or shock absorbers, which he thought was the cause of the vibrating steering wheel.

- Lakewood, NJ, USA

Feb 012013

Elantra 4-cyl

The rear suspension cross member rotted where the control arm attaches to it and broke free. The control arm then fell down and the entire rear tire and suspension was dragged underneath the rear end of the car. The metal that the control arm attaches to is very thin and the only thing under the car that is not undercoated is that suspension cross member. If this part broke free at 55mph I may not have survived the crash. It broke free as I turned into my driveway, more than likely from the twist of the turn.

- Narrowsburg, NY, USA

Apr 272012

Elantra

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. While traveling 55 mph, the contact traveled over a small road bump and noticed that the rear of the vehicle suddenly lost control causing the vehicle to crash into a ditch. No one was injured during the incident. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the contact was informed that the driver side inner bolt flange needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The current and failure mileages were 60,000.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Nov 082007

Elantra

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that there was an intermittent stalling when driving 10-15 mph. The vehicle was taken to the dealer at least ten to fifteen times but they were unable to locate or diagnose the cause of the failure. The sway bar was also replaced at least three times due to breakage in the front of the vehicle. The manufacturer was contacted who sent a representative to inspect the failure but there were no failures found within the vehicle. They offered no further assistance. The failure mileage was 17,000 and the current mileage was 59,000. Kmj

- Munhall, PA, USA