2009 Hyundai Elantra electrical problems: car would not start

Car Would Not Start

2009 Hyundai Elantra

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.

7.0

2. replace the immobilizer (1 reports)
2009 Hyundai Elantra electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Elantra:

2009 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Feb 092015

Elantra

My alarm would go off while parked at night at 2am some times, or at work and the shippers were always calling to tell my it was going off. It was such an annoyance that since I didn't have the money to fix it . I had the mechanic pull the chip to stop the alarm which stopped my horn. That was fine but apparently the alarm was still going off so it killed my battery and the car would not start. This was fine at work but it happened one night to my daughter and she was stuck late at night. Thank goodness for AAA they came quickly and jumped the car to get her going again,. but I was not happy.

I found this site when the brake lights went out. As soon as I found out, via a motorist who got out at a light and knocked on my window to tell me, scaring the sh*t out of me. Hyundai is fixing this problem today (recall) they are taking me in tonight immediately after work to fix this problem . Another electrical issue is the driver side door does not lock with the remote. No real problem there I am now in the habit of locking it on the way out of my car. Crossing my fingers, I don't ever leave the keys in the car. :) maybe when the fix the brakes they can fix the other electrical issues.

- , Cransotn, RI, USA

Jun 302010

Elantra GL

i was on the b c ferry my car would not start after 5 minutes of trying and call to a tow truck it started

- , Ladysmith, BC, canada