- September 21: Hyundai Recalls Azera To Prevent Seats From Moving recalls | 8 days ago
- September 15: Hyundai Tucson Transmission Recall For Dual-Clutch Transmissions recalls | 14 days ago
- September 7: Hyundai Sonata Locking Rear Brakes Under Investigation investigations | 22 days ago
- September 1: Hyundai Genesis Recalled To Fix Instrument Cluster Lights recalls | 28 days ago
- August 20: Hyundai Recalls Elantra To Fix Brake Lights That Stay On recalls | 40 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems
2013 Hyundai Elantra (Page 1 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 11 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 13,918 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.