- August 11: Hyundai Santa Fe Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over Stalling Engines
- August 10: Hyundai Genesis Brake Fluid Defect Will Cost Hyundai $17.35 Million
- August 2: Hyundai Recalls 419,000 Santa Fe, Sonata and Veracruz Cars
- July 30: Hyundai Recalls 883,000 Sonatas That Could Roll Away
- July 27: Feds Investigate 394,000 Hyundai Sonatas After Seat Belt Buckle Complaints
NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 5 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 7,425 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.