- May 21: Hyundai Peeling Paint Lawsuit Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- May 21: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Recalls Investigated investigations | 8 days ago
- April 12: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars That Lose Power Steering recalls | 47 days ago
- April 6: Hyundai Recalls Sonata and Santa Fe Sport After Engines Seize recalls | 53 days ago
- April 3: Hyundai Santa Fe Engine Stall Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 56 days ago
NHTSA — Tires: Temporary/Emergency Spare Tire Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 2 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
wheels / hubs problem