2014 Hyundai Elantra electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Elantra:

2014 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jun 062016

Elantra

Wants to stall when pushing on brakes, and when I let off brakes it wants to stall, my gas mileage stays the same, and my temperature gauge goes up fast when's I start the vechicle. My lights in my car don't come on to much. And it's seem to be running rough in certain areas then it goes back to running good when I get further away from my house I had my car at dealerships 3 times and they say no codes. And the car does this when I sit still and when I push on the gas. It does it in city highway seems to be running normal. Dealers don't know what's wrong

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jul 302016

Elantra

After less than 2 years, the car battery dies and disables the control of this particular car and year. Many customers, according to reviews, seem to have the same problem. Should the battery falter when driving on a highway, serious accidents could result. My vehicle was moving at a slow pace in the parking lot when the battery died. I lost control of the car. I was not expecting the battery to die as it is only about 18 months old. I do not have a picture. The car is at the dealership.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Jul 162016

Elantra

I've had trouble starting the car multiple times. All lights will work fine, radio, power locks and windows all work, the car just doesnt start. I had it brought back to the Hyundai dealership I bought it from and was told by the service guys it started up no problem for them and they couldnt find anything wrong. I've noticed that when it happens, taking the car out of park, and then shifting back to park seems to trigger something and then the car will start. It happens randomly

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Jul 092016

Elantra

Sometimes when I go to start my car it won't even start. I had the battery checked out by several mechanics and the battery was good. They put it on a diagnostic machine and they said everything was good. I have been left stranded several times because my car would not start. I had to wait over 30 35 minutes

- Cleveland, OH, USA

May 292016

Elantra

The car will not turn on. The battery has been test and is fine. This has happened several times over the past year. The car is turned off and stationary, when the key is in the ignition all lights turn on but the car does not turn on. It has been taken to multiple Hyundai dealerships and they have not been able to duplicate the problem. This is a dangerous situation because it has left me stranded several times in rural areas.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Aug 222015

Elantra

While driving on 5 freeway in California my 2014 Hyundai Elantra started to violently shake like someone hitting the brake. I threw it in neutral and help my wife turn the steering wheel because we lost power steering. We got lucky and had a space to coast to the side of the road. When we got towed to tuttle-click in irvine, ca and our car turned into the service department, they basically said we are on our own to find a ride back home and no loaner car. Two days later I have to call them to find out the problem, first a technician said that it was a bad battery but that would not have caused it to completely shut down. Then a few hours later the service manager calls to say it was the battery and that is what caused it to shut down on us. After (4) days of keeping the car, the Hyundai dealership said that our battery had a catastrophic failure which caused our car to completely shut down on the freeway. I have filed a complaint with Hyundai corporate but don't know what they can do?

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Aug 012014

Elantra

The contact owns a 2014 Hyundai Elantra. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start and stalled without warning. Also, the vehicle veered to the right and vibrated excessively at high speeds. The dealer was made aware of the failure, but declined to perform the repair. While driving 30 mph and making a left turn, the contact's vehicle crashed into a tree after it was rear ended by another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained a mild concussion and received medical attention. Both the dealer and manufacturer were made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was 1,580. Updated 7/7/15

- Berkley, MI, USA

Feb 082015

Elantra

I went into my car, which is parked in the garage, and turned the key. The car didn't turn over or make any type of sound indicating the car was starting. I did have radio and lights. I called a friend to ask if it could be the battery, my car is just 10 months old and only has about 5,000 miles on it, by the time I finished the call I tried to start the car again and it turned over. This happened again the following wed. I took the car to the dealer and the "tested everything" and came to the conclusion that it was battery related. That because of the extreme cold and not using the car very much it was causing this to happen. But if it is the battery, why would the car start up a minute or two after it did not? I have never felt safe driving this car and now this problem is only making it worse.

- Mckees Rocks, PA, USA

Dec 232014

Elantra 4-cyl

The starter motor sporadically refuses to crank. It seems jarring the shift lever or towing the vehicle temporarily solves the problem. One trip to the dealership thus far with no repair done.

- Eddystone , PA, USA

Aug 302014

Elantra

Hyundai Elantra 2014 : radio comes on by itself (many instances); ports for use of electronics intermittently work (off and on); car will not start unless I keep on braking and turning the wheel (4-5 times); car started but was unable to put in gear -- locked in park. I shut the car off and made sure the wheel locked and restarted and it worked (1). I've had it in for service with these complaints about 4 times and they started to charge me for checking the vehicle out. They never seem to find out anything wrong. Nothing has been replaced. Several different dates this happened.

- Spring, TX, USA

May 132014

Elantra

My low fuel indicator light had just turned on. Was going up a very slight grade and the car stopped in the middle of the road.

- Mckees Rocks, PA, USA