2015 Hyundai Elantra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Elantra:

2015 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Jul 102016

Elantra

Moving slowly to right lane & airbag deployed.

- Bronx, NY, USA

May 072016

Elantra

Coming out of left hand turn, air bag deployed, causing cuts & chaffs on both arms and causing me to hit a concrete medium blowing out 3 tires.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 202016

Elantra

I was in a car accident where I was moving at about 2-5mph turning left and struck directly on the driver side door, the vehicle that struck me was going about 40mph and was traveling straight on the road. Both vehicles were towed away from the scene. None of my air bags, even the driver door air bags designed to go off in this type of accident were deployed. I smashed the left side of my head into the window of my car, a cut across my left clavicle, received facial bruising, a concussion, and am having ongoing medical issues related to whiplash and the displacement of my neck spine and shoulders. I also had a passenger in my vehicle who is also having on going medical issues. The driver door on this car was completely caved in and would not open, and there was damage to the back door on the driver side also. The airbags not being deployed when they are supposed to is a safety hazard to the driver and passengers in this car. Over $7500 of damages were made to this 2015 Hyundai Elantra.

- Mckenna, WA, USA

Oct 152015

Elantra

I was involved in an auto accident at the intersection of J money and pass road in biloxi, Ms. On 10/15/2015. I was travelling on pass road approaching a signal light, going about 30 mph, I noticed it changed to green and I accelerated; a car pulled in front of my car and I hit it broadside on the drivers side going about 35-40 mph. I was alone the other driver had a friend/witness claimed I ran the red lite..no citations were given. No airbags deployed....I was injured had a bleeding subdural hematoma, hospitalized, hit my face loosened and later my frontal dental bridge broke of requiring implants. I suffered additional damage to my shoulder, strained ligaments, damage to my rotator cup. Under going therapy. Suffering from memory loss, imbalanced walking, headaches. Repair shop owner marvelled that the airbags hadn't deployed based on the amount of damage to the front end of the car; noted on his invoice that the airbags had not deployed. Hyundai denies that the airbag system is faulty after they download the computer; am attaching their letter of denial, along with pictures showing damage to the car...updated 03/22/16

- Carriere, MS, USA

Feb 042016

Elantra

I was driving on a road at 45 mph and the car in front of me swerved so I started to swerve as well assuming that there was something in the road. He then jammed on his breaks in the swerve and so did I but I ended up hitting the back of the other car. He had a newer Hyundai sonata and I had a 2015 Hyundai Elantra SE. I think the road was slick as well as we had recently had a snowstorm that ended the day before with about a foot of snow. The damage to the other vehicle was rear bumper damage on the left side. My damage was mostly on the right side bumper of my car to the middle of my car. The radiator was pushed back into the engine. No airbags deployed at all and my chest hit the steering wheel. I was going West bound on a a two-lane road. Afterwards my car obviously would not engage to drive to try and get it out of the road way. I had some whiplash and some damage to my right cheek from hitting the steering wheel. The steering wheel was still intact and none of the airbags deployed. I showed a picture to the er and they were shocked that none of the airbags deployed and the officer on the scene was equally disturbed that the airbags didn't deploy as well. I will attach a picture of the front end of my car.

- Denver, CO, USA

Oct 022015

Elantra

Passenger side airbags deployed causing major injuries to the driver. Driver side and steering wheel airbags did not deploy. Right side of the drivers body (passenger side) was severely injured causing broken ribs a punctured lung and punctured heart left side injury to head from impact.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 302015

Elantra

I rear ended someone going 35 miles an hour in city. I hadn't noticed traffic ahead was stopped and had no time to react..the impact was so severe that chest hit steering wheel and my head hit the dash. Air bags never deployed.my in tire front end crumbled causing the radiator damage and the frame of car to be bent along with me coming in contact with steering wheel. Thank go for seat belt or I might have hit windshield.since no airbags deployed I have broken rib and 2 fractures in my face..

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

May 032015

Elantra

The contact owned a 2015 Hyundai Elantra. While driving approximately 60 mph, the contact crashed into a curb. As a result, the vehicle rolled over. The air bags failed to deploy. The driver sustained a cut arm and leg that required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 9,000...updated 05-27-15 updated 9/17/2015

- Jonesboro, AR, USA