7.8

2016 Hyundai Elantra drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Elantra:

2016 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Apr 122016

Elantra

I was driving on a city street going approx. 30 mph when the car felt like it had downshifted into a low gear. The tachometer wa revving between 4,000 and 5,000 rpms even though I was slowing. I pulled to the side of the road but was unable to put the car in park as the gear shift was stuck in drive. After several attempts to put the car in park, I pulled the gear shift down as low as it would go past D(rive) and then I was able to push it up into the park position. Once I put the car back into drive again the engine and transmission were normal.

- Revere, MA, USA

Feb 162016

Elantra

I have taken my car to 2 Hyundai dealerships to be looked at. When I drive my car gets stuck in a high gear & gives me a hard time driving unless I accelerate dramatically to drop the rpms & the car will drop gears. I live on a very steep hill & came close to a very dangerous accident due to this issue. My car did not want to make it up my hill because the car makes a loud noise. The day this happened it was snowing & I had to accelerate to make it up & almost crashed because my car was rolling back down the hill & I live off of a busy intersection.

- Revere, MA, USA