CarComplaints.com Notes: How many transmission complaints can a new vehicle really receive? You'd be surprised. Unless you're a 2015 Cherokee owner, then I bet you're not surprised at all.

2015 Jeep Cherokee engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Cherokee:

2015 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Jan 072017

Cherokee

The vehicle shut off when driving. After calling a Jeep dealer and asking if they where having any trouble like this. I also informed the dealer that the Cherokee had 36500 miles 500 over covered warranty. I was informed the the work would not be covered so I took it to a local garage. Was told it needs a thermostat. Had to call a dealer after several attempts to locate the part. All the dealer said the part is on national back order. If the part is that popular to replace that you cant keep it in stock than there most be an issue. This vehicle is not safe if this part is causing the motor to shut off when driving down the road at highway speed. Their seems to be a lot of trouble with this vehicle. I hope Chrysler will not just let the issue go hoping that people just deal with it there self. Been to the garage 3 times and still have 5 years to pay for it. It is enough of a problem that I thought I would take this step.called Chrysler customer service first time was disconnected before I could type my massage. Second time was told they could put a rush on my part gee thanks.how about just make a vehicle that will not get someone killed by shutting of on the highway. Thank you edward mastowski.

- Mill Run, PA, USA

Dec 202016

Cherokee

Car just randomly shut off in middle of a 50 mph highway, almost caused accident. It did it a couple more times before I got it looked at. Dealer said it was so low on oil it shut off. But dealer also confirmed oil was not low enough to trigger the warning light and also explained it has been happening frequently with my model.

- Portsmouth, NH, USA

Aug 132014

Cherokee

We bought our 2015 Jeep Cherokee new. After about 6 months we had our first experience with the vehicles failure to shift to the necessary gear to continue to move. We have taken it back to the dealership to be fixed multiple times. We are often given multiple stories of what the problem is from the ac being on to needing a software update and being low on fuel! the "sticking transmission" created a very scary situation when you are trying to get the car to go in the middle of the intersection and it won't go! the vehicle doesn't appear to downshift as I slow down and when you go to accelerate, it's almost as if the car gets stuck between gears and then jerks really hard when it unexpectedly goes into gear. I am very worried I am going to need to move quickly and the car isn't going to go, resulting in a bad accident.

- Rensselaer, IN, USA

Nov 282016

Cherokee

I have had the engine light come on several times and the dealer had my car for 8 hours and said it was repaired and I drove it 2 miles down the road from the shop and the engine light came back on so after 2 weeks wait it went back in and noe the dealer is saying I need a new transmission and Chrysler is only willing to replace my transmission with 7500 mile on it with a remanifactured transmission which is bs.

- Meridian, ID, USA

Nov 072016

Cherokee

This problem has happened 5 times last time the car shut down was on the highway with my granson in car I was teriffied

- Louisville, KY, USA

May 252016

Cherokee

The transmission slips, stalls, hesitates at acceleration at any speed. Particularly worrisome when traveling on highways when it jeopardizes our safety! happens continually despite the Jeep dealerships attempts to repair. Still telling us it is a software issue and a day after service problem continues. No fix.

- Huntingtown, MD, USA

Nov 162015

Cherokee

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V041000 (air bags) and 15V676000 (engine and engine cooling). The dealer was contacted several times for months, but would not return the calls. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Davie, FL, USA

Nov 112016

Cherokee

Takata recall the vehicle is experiencing issues while shifting in lower gears 1-3. the car will rev high and give a jerk before shifting. This happens when at a stop and you begin to accelerate. This also occurs in slow moving traffic. Also, it experiences issues when merging into a highway or lane traveling at speeds of 35ish. When making a turn at a stop sign the car will also hesitate and give a little jerk. I have also noticed that when traveling at 30-35 the car is in 5th gear which in return when you need to accelerate it has to down shift to take off which there is a delay before acceleration occurs. This has been on going for about 2 months.

- Parsippany, NJ, USA

Sep 012016

Cherokee

Lost of power we have been lucky we where not on a major hyway when this happens want to know if this vehicle can or been hacked. There are a lot of Jeep Cherokee on the road a lot of owners are complaining about this problem this is a very serious problem seems like nothing being done about this

- Poland, OH, USA

Cherokee 4WD 4-cyl

Transmission problems and electrical problems had the car at dealership at least 3 to 4 time for over a week at the time called Jeep headquarters at least 20 times and they are very bad with costumer service. I am worried about the safety for my family driving the car, since transmission issues should not be handled like that. No support from Jeep capital.

- Calabasas, CA, USA

Oct 112016

Cherokee

Engine service light came on. While driving on the highway to our home. Took the vehicle to the seller for a diagnosis. Was told I need oil pressure switch replaced for $215. This is on a car that we have only owned for 5 months & with 39,000 miles. So we are out of warranty & according to the dealer this is a known problem but is not covered by any extended warranty. Since this is known by crysler & an ongoing problem. Why is there no permanent fix?

- Cedarville, IL, USA

Cherokee

Dealer diagnosed an oil leak from the vehicle oil filter housing, which is located on top of the engine, during a routine oil change. The oil appears to be leaking from a gasket at the base of the housing or the housing is cracked. Oil pools in a valley, on top of the hot engine, while running, presenting a fire hazard. Dealer was unable to repair for a week. Awaiting repair under warranty.

- Summerset, SD, USA

Cherokee

Vehicle has had ongoing issues with engine stop start system. When lifting foot off of brake pedal from a stop, vehicle sometimes stalls and displays a "service engine stop start system" message and malfunction indicator. Problem is ongoing even after multiple repair attempts.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 142016

Cherokee

Delayed shifting during acceleration it has shifted roughly. When accelerating the car feels like it goes into neutral and then quickly changes into 2nd gear, causing an aggressive jerking that feels like you are getting rear ended.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 142016

Cherokee

Transmission was jerking and locked up when I got in my car in the morning the vehicle would not get out of the parking break. I would get tons of error messages in my instrument cluster..."service park break" "4X4 unavailable" "transmission light on". I called roadside assistance to tow my car and the tow truck driver when he turned off and on the vehicle, it was ok to drive. I drove to the dealership that day and they performed tons of software updates. My Jeep was returned back to me the same day. 6 days later, it happened again. I remembered restarting the car helped, which it did, so I started driving it back to the dealership. I got about 1/4 mile down the road and the steering wheel locked up and started to shut down, while I was driving! I pulled over, restarted the car and continued to drive. This time I was in the middle of an intersection making a left turn when it happened again, and almost got rear ended by a school bus!! this was a very scary moment and decided I was no longer going to drive this car. I pulled into a parking lot and called roadside assistance. The dealership had the vehicle for a week and told me it was fixed. I received a recall in the mail, "S55 - transmission may shift unexpectedly to neutral". I called Chrysler and told them I refuse to drive my call until this recall is fixed. The part is not available so I've been driving a rental for the past 3 weeks. I'm terrified to drive this car again. I drive on the expressway everyday for work and can not imagine what would happen to me if the car shuts down again unexpectedly

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 222016

Cherokee

While driving, engine stops, lost power all power. Driving on road in traffic. This occured 3 different times.

- Toughkenamon, PA, USA

Sep 162016

Cherokee

Transmission problems for almost a year now, truck violently jerks forward on acceleration mostly from a dead stop but sometimes in motion and on deceleration has almost caused many front and rear accidents. Recently on my way home from New Jersey the check engine light came on indicating service transmission the vehicle lost power while I was on the parkway almost caused an accident. I pulled over and turned off the vehicle then restarted the check engine light was still on, but I regained power to drive. That lasted a minute or two then the same thing happened. Truck lost power was in a fail safe mode barely drove above 30 or 40mph. What a long, unsafe trip home to say the least. I've had nothing but problems with this truck and have numerous complaints and repairs at the dealership. Now it's apart of this recall and no parts are available. The dealership says this problem is the recall, but they can't fix it yet. I've been without my truck for almost 2 weeks this is awful and I'm frustrated and fed-up with this vehicle. I want out of this lease asap. And ps they put me in a Dodge dart loaner care are you kidding me I drive a truck for a reason!

- Bay Shore, NY, USA

Aug 102016

Cherokee

My Jeep Cherokee latitude 2015 accelerate it self. It's under warranty and the dealer can't solve the problem. When the RPM come back to 1000 you can feel how the trans jump and the car accelerate it self.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Sep 022016

Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. While driving at an unknown speed, the transmission failed and the vehicle would not accelerate. The check engine and ABS indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 11,772.

- Woodside, NY, USA

Aug 242016

Cherokee

I have had all kinds of electrical issues with my 2015 Cherokee trailhawk 4X4 and this all happened after they did 4 upgrades on my computer at dealership, when picked up SUV the check engine was on, took back to dealer and they said they flashed it what ever that means. The check engine disappeared afterwards, I have had issues with it lunging when letting foot off brake due to the auto on & off feature and just recently was driving and the air bad light, traction light, 4 wheel drive and check engine light came on I pulled over due to this and when putting in park felt like someone rear ended me in which they didnt, the 4 wheel drive light comes on with message that four wheel drive has been disabled contact dealer, that started it all that morning. Then all the other lights illuminated and beeping, I took to dealer in richmond ky and they brought out the scanner and scanned it and printed off several things that was coming up then advised me they couldn't do anything to check vehicle for 2 weeks I then called lexington dealer and they said bring it in, I had it towed to lexington dealer, now they say they cant get it to duplicate anything. Well now this is the issue I have intermittent electrical issues that deems this vehicle unsafe to drive because it is can shut down as others has said or catch fire or accelerate on its own etc. There is definitely issues with this vehicle that no one can explain. I have ask dealership to contact Jeep mfg/Chrysler to see about what they say its very scary having a vehicle that you cant trust to be safe in. Its already had me rear end a car by the lunging after you let off brake now this... I just feel unsafe in my new vehicle.... I purchased this vehicle to to be a safe one. And its definitely not safe due to being intermittent electrical issues. Dealers doesn't have a clue about the electrical malfunctions of these cars.

- Richmond, KY, USA