1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 071994

Grand Cherokee

I received recall notice for fuel tank. When I called the dealer none of the parts needed to make the fix were in stock. The fix is to install a tow hitch as additional steel framework to protect fuel tank from rear end collision. I made several followup calls with same answer from dealer.

Time passed and additional recall notices came, I called Jeep and told them of the result of attempts to have their fix installed. Jeep must have notified the local dealer and I received a call and scheduled an appointment (at their convenience, which was at 7 am and leave it there until called repair was done). I keep my appointment and after almost 4 hours I called to ask for an eta I was told to come in.

When I returned they said the fix was not done, their reason was, in the interim waiting for hitch to be in stock, my car was rear ended in a parking lot making it so the hitch could not be installed. The person in charged walked me out to my jeep I got down and looked at the damage I requested he show me why.

His response was "I'm not getting down there to show you anything, this is a courtesy repair" he went on to state Jeep guild lines were met and the car had damage they had no further responsibility. I looked, there was a dent, but their suggested fix was still possible to make. The fact that they did not have in stock (they claim) parts for over 2 years to make the fix and I sustained an impact in that time was a bone for them and I am still driving at risk.

Just the other day I went to a local tire dealer for a front end inspection, they found the usual shocks brakes and tires, an expected find, up selling is always expected. I asked them what caused my Jeep to go into a violent shaking if I hit a certain bump at high speed. They called it the 'death wobble' and said it was not uncommon with Jeeps. It's new to me and scary, it has happened a number of times. Front end has minor wear but still tight .. does anyone know what the cause and cure might be?

- , Yakima, WA, USA

Jan 011995

Grand Cherokee V6

Want to fix my Jeep so when I drive with my child in my car,( she is 8) I would like to not have to be checking my rear view mirror more than my front of vehicle, now that I have seen what can happened. I parked my Jeep until my car broke recently, now I am back to my Jeep ...Please fix our problem, I do not wanna kill or be killed with my child still so young .

- , Alton, NH, USA