1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 132006

Grand Cherokee Limited

The air conditioning was working fine. then started to notice that the floor was getting saturated with water. Then after that the A/C was deciding when it wanted to blow cold or not. so I took it to a shop and they said the drain tube was plugged so they cleaned it out and checked the ac said it was a pound low on R134a. So they filled it to check it and it wouldn't blow cold but everything was in working order, he said that it could be the blend door not opening, climate control module problem or a Evaporator which will end up around $1,500 to fix the evaporator and time and materials for the other possibilities @ $65 per hour. I just bought the stupid thing for $3,000 and put an additional $3,000 into it and I can't put any more into it but I got two kids and a sick wife so no air means no fun for me in the car. Can I do this myself or what? I have basic mechanic skills, basic tools.

- , Marion, IA, USA