1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 132013

Grand Cherokee

Tires wear out fast michellen.

- Crockett, TX, USA

Apr 152014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Was driving on freeway at 70 mph, hit a big bump in road and vehicle started to shake violently, at first thought it was a flat tire but after slowing down, the vehicle stopped shaking and could drive normally. That was first incident, since then I've had 8 incidents where the same thing happens between 55 and 70 mph. It always happens when I hit a bump in road. I looked on line to see if any one else had experienced this death wobble on the Jeep Grand Cherokee larado and found a lot of people have experienced this extremely dangerous and mind numbing experience. Updated 11/12/15

- Dundee, MI, USA

Jun 262012

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I bought the car from a private seller who cautioned me about a supposed 'death wobble' as I now know it when the car goes over a bump at highway speeds. On my first take on the highway, I hit a small bump going 65 and the car began to shake so violently I thought it was going to break up into pieces. Traffic swerved around me as I veered my car to my left into the grassy median. Luckily there was no accident. I have had several experts observe the front end and replace parts and suggest other parts to replace in order to remedy the situation but no fix has resolved the 'death wobble.' Many of these experts have seen this problem before and even told me not to bother spending any more money trying to fix it because I would be, 'throwing money into a bottomless pit.' People have been complaining about this for almost 20 years now and not a thing has been done about it! this is extremely dangerous and Chrysler should be slammed for this!

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 011999

Grand Cherokee 4WD

Lamination is coming off the wheels.

- Raynham, MA, USA

Dec 011997

Grand Cherokee

Left rear wheel failed resulting in accident.

- Los Angele, CA, USA