1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 282009

Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L 8 cyl

click to see larger images

airbag did not deploy airbag did not deploy airbag did not deploy airbag did not deploy airbag did not deploy airbag did not deploy

A truck pulled in front of me out and my airbag did not deploy. My face hit the wheel and knocked out 8 teeth, broke my jaw, my chin burst open...It was a devastating accident and I had to be flown to UK. I still suffer terribly in every way. Physical, mental pain, PTSD, social anxiety, etc. I had my seat belt on correctly and had taken every precaution. This vehicle was in excellent condition almost like new. I did sue Chrysler but they took bankruptcy and the judge dismissed all cases against them and a few months later they gave Ala Ali 3.3 million for a 30 second spot during the Superbowl and the next year Clint Eastwood received 3.5 million for 30 spot. I don't know how they can sleep at night. I do hope everyone who owns a Grand Cherokee had the airbags checked. It was supposed to have next generation airbags. I did take the airbag to Detroit and had it downloaded to see if it was in fact a working airbag and it was. I had an expert (3 actually) and the conclusion was the sensors were in the wrong spot to deploy. I did call Chrysler again this past September and asked them to speak to me and inspect the vehicle. I was informed that this was not their problem and they hung up on me. Shame on you Chrysler, Shame on you..

- , Lebanon, KY, USA