8.0

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jun 302014

Grand Cherokee Limited V8

Here's my question to Chrysler Canada re "Air Bag Lamp" lit.

Basically they are saying that the responsibility lies with the Dealership. The same dealership that tried to talk me into $3K worth of bogus repairs that I never needed.

DOES THE LIGHT ON MEAN I DON'T HAVE ANY AIR BAG PROTECTION??????? ASSHOLES!

Original Message Follows:

Comments: I had my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee serviced at Toronto Dodge Chrysler for the recall which I had enquired about. REFERENCE NUMBER: 24304139 However my air bag sensor light was never cleared and has remained on (lit) ever since. I have just read an article which states /"When the light is on (or the tone is sounding), the airbag will NOT deploy, even in an accident/". Could you please verify this for me as it is a great safety concern for me. Why was this not done? Regards, John Temp

Dear Mr. Temp:

Thank you for your reply to Chrysler Canada Customer Care regarding your 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, VIN: 1J8GW58N0 2C130428.

We appreciate your inquiry regarding your air bag light. Regrettably, our office is not technically trained and is unable to provide this information. Any technical information from Chrysler Canada is distributed to our dealer network. If you have outstanding technical questions, we request that you follow up with your Chrysler dealership.

Chrysler Canada?s established warranty provisions and parameters are clearly defined and explained in our warranty literature. Chrysler is not in any way responsible for incorrect, incomplete or unfounded information published by independent sources.

Thank you for allowing us to explain the situation.

Customer Care Manager Chrysler Canada Customer Care