2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Sep 122016

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L

at a stop the car will not shift, races 3krpm, occasionally

Transmission works off and on, and usually flares up when its cold, once the engine is warm it very seldom acts up. I can run it all day and no problem, but first thing in the morning is another story. I'm the only one who drives the car at that time of the day, so it doesn't happen to my husband, I even had a mechanic keep it for almost a week, and it never happened to him. I can head out of my driveway and it will start reving to 3krpm, I slow down, and start again and it will start all over, engine revving, not until about 2 miles down the road will it start to run normal, and shift out of 1 st gear. If I pre start my car on the cold mornings, it will never happen. This has been going on for over a year. Now it is starting to act up at different times of the day now that fall is approaching. I would like to prevent having to replace the transmission, but no one has been able to tell me exactly whats going on.

- , Ludlow, MA, USA